Infection Resolving Team

Ok Ultrin,
The reason it came up even though you disabled it was because when you got the BSOD, it reverted to the last settings it remembered. I am not sure how it works, but the computer just doesnt remember that you disabled it.
If you are so sure that it is a virus, do this.

1. Download these three programs.
2. Avair AV, Spybot S&D, and MalwareBytes
3. Only download do not run!!!!!
4. Once these are downloaded, unplug your internet access. If you are wireless, 5. unplug your router.
6. Uninstall all AV programs, anti spyware, or anti malware.
7. Wait to restart your computer until all of your programs have been disabled.
8. Restart computer
9. Start back up in normal mode and install all AV AS and AM programs. Once these are installed, connect back to the internet and update the packages.
10. After all 3 programs are updated, unconnect from the internet again.
11. Restart computer.
12. Start back up and run each scan one at a time.
13. Take a shot of your screen if you find ANYTHING!!
14. Post your results/pictures once you are all done with all 3
15. We will continue to help based on what we find.

Let us know and i hope this works,
Ben
I will go give it a shot and let you guys know what happens. Thanks

Ok so far so good but its only been 5 mins lol.....Which is 5 minutes of relief i havent had for the past week! Ill give another update in 24 hrs and then maybe a couple more till im sure the problem is solved.
Thanks for all of the help everyone!

Well that was interesting. While restarting the computer i got a blue screen and had to select start windows normally as the computer recovered. When window finally opened up and established an internet connection windows mail tried to open itself about 30 times leaving me with a bunch of windows to click through..... I cant figure out how the program is being accessed even after i disabled it... It makes me think it has to be a virus but i have run alot of different checks and nothing comes up so I am at a loss here. This is certainly turning out to be quite a learning experience though LOL

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 420 @1.60 GHz
    Motherboard
    Dell Inspion 530 Default
    Memory
    PNY 4GB 240-Pin SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1024x768 @ 75 Hz
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 250G ATA SATA-II
    Case
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Cooling
    None
    Keyboard
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Mouse
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Internet Speed
    100 MB/s
Ok Ultrin,
The reason it came up even though you disabled it was because when you got the BSOD, it reverted to the last settings it remembered. I am not sure how it works, but the computer just doesnt remember that you disabled it.

4. Once these are downloaded, unplug your internet access. If you are wireless, 5. unplug your router.
8. Restart computer
9. Start back up in normal mode and install all AV AS and AM programs. Once these are installed, connect back to the internet and update the packages.
11. Restart computer.

Ben

Ok before i went to work i ran super anti spyware and started ccleaner and left the house. When i got home my computer had restarted. When windows came up the problem had stopped. Im confused as to what fixed the problem and wondering if it is just lying dormant. Should i go ahead and follow your list of steps? or wait until i have the problem again?
Thanks again for all of your time

Last edited by a moderator:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satellite u305
    CPU
    intel core 2 duo t5250 @1.50ghz 1.50ghz
    Memory
    2.00 gb
Ok Ultrin,

8. Restart computer
11. Restart computer.

Ben

Ok before i went to work i ran super anti spyware and started ccleaner and left the house. When i got home my computer had restarted. When windows came up the problem had stopped. Im confused as to what fixed the problem and wondering if it is just lying dormant. Should i go ahead and follow your list of steps? or wait until i have the problem again?
Thanks again for all of your time

Ok its been a few days and the problem came back within hours of my last post ive just been super busy with other things...... After i post this im going to follow the steps you have listed above.... I used a program called isoburn to burn a vista repair disc unfortunately i cannot run the startup repair due to a message about disconnecting devices even when i have nothing attached not even a power cord!...... LOL anyway ill be sure to udate the post again in case anyone else is having this problem.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satellite u305
    CPU
    Memory
    2.00 gb
hi ultrin, if you have followed bens instruction in particular (only use 1 anti virus on your computer) and no viruses or malware etc. has been detected i would suspect file corruption as ben said in an earlier post. to check for this and POSSIBLY! repair it i will direct you to the vista tutorials section at the top of the page in the black taskbar. in the C section on the 2nd page follow the tutorial titled Check Disk-Chkdsk when you finish that follow the tutorial in the S section on the 1st page titled System Files-SFC Command. see what these turn up if sfc finds a corruption that it can not fix and it is still causing major problems and is not virus malware related then i personally woud be considering reinstalling windows. it may be worth running a few searches on peoples experiences with registry cleaners. in my experience i have done 2 rebuilds because of my flippent use of registry cleaners. heres hoping this gets you closer to resolving your issue all the best.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett Packard, compaq presario CQ60-305AU
    CPU
    AMD Athlon QI-46 2.1 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Wistron 303C
    Memory
    2048 Mb DDR2 SD Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidea GE Go Force 8200M G / 256Mb dedicated grapics memory
    Sound Card
    MCP78S NVidea High definition
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6" High Definition Brightview Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1336x768
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba MK2555GSX ATA
    Mouse
    Synaptics PS2/Touchpad
me again i have just been surfing the vista tutorials (which i must do more often, very valuable resource.) and there is a massive tutorial on windows mail. there are much better options there for disabling windows mail than what i posted the other day i am unsure of your system specs ultrin so you may not have group policy editor but there are reg edit options. if you are not comftorable editing your registry yourself Brink has posted a couple of downloadable exe. files that will do the job for you one to disable windows mail and one to re enable. if you go to the end of tutorials you will find other peoples posts which may prepare you for any problems you may encounter.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    AMD Athlon QI-46 2.1 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Wistron 303C
    Memory
    2048 Mb DDR2 SD Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1336x768
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba MK2555GSX ATA
    Mouse
    Synaptics PS2/Touchpad
ok im back to typing one key at a time ive exhausted myself and im about to put a hole in monitor..... ive already ruined the pull out drawer to my desk... this is F@#king bull S@#t why wont any virus program pick this up and fix the problem... on top of that i cant run the damn startup repair from the boot disc i made... I am so frustrated i can only say that if i ever found out who made this virus i would probably go to hell for the things i would do to them..... People say what was different before and after the problem started.... Not a damn thing i didnt download anything i didn open any strange email i was just playing a game like i normally do and bam this crap happens. I know people say vista is great but i never had this much trouble with xp

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satellite u305
    CPU
    Memory
    2.00 gb
If all that advice hasnt worked... well i think your computer has been seriously breached... Maybe try going over to Best Buy/Local techonolgy store, i prefer Geek Squad, but try asking them for help. Or try calling the manfuacturer of your laptop/computer. GL man, Or.. maybe try contactiing the game people? It might have been a file that got into their servers and infected your computer via their files.. But im not a computer wiz, so i dont exactly know. Hope your computer gets better!

DD

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv6000 CTO Entertainment Lappy :D
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.4GHz (2 CPUS), ~2.4 GHz
    Memory
    4094 MB Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, 2031 MB Memory
    Sound Card
    Realtek Hi-Def Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1200x800
    Case
    HP Laptop :D
    Cooling
    Fans
    Keyboard
    Laptop
    Mouse
    Microsoft Pro Mouse :D
    Internet Speed
    DL: 20.51 Mb/s, Up-Load :5.27 Mb/s Ping: 10 ms
ok im back to typing one key at a time ive exhausted myself and im about to put a hole in monitor..... ive already ruined the pull out drawer to my desk... this is F@#king bull S@#t why wont any virus program pick this up and fix the problem... on top of that i cant run the damn startup repair from the boot disc i made... I am so frustrated i can only say that if i ever found out who made this virus i would probably go to hell for the things i would do to them..... People say what was different before and after the problem started.... Not a damn thing i didnt download anything i didn open any strange email i was just playing a game like i normally do and bam this crap happens. I know people say vista is great but i never had this much trouble with xp

First off, please do not come here with such foul language. We all understand your frustration. We ALL have been there before but that is why we turn to this site, to get help. So please just take it a tone down.
Next, I, once again, dont believe it is a virus. I am not sure what it is at the moment, but i am looking it up. If this is affecting yout to the point of no return, backup your data, and do a clean install of Vista. This will solve any problems and probably be a nice boost to your computer, if its slow. So let us know if you are going to use the uninstall root or if you are going to keep looking. I am also suggesting you post this in the software part of this forum Software - Vista Forums
and also try and do some googling on this matter. Youll be supprised how much info will turn up.

Try not to break anything,
Ben

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Dell Inspion 530 Default
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1024x768 @ 75 Hz
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 250G ATA SATA-II
    Case
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Cooling
    None
    Keyboard
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Mouse
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Internet Speed
    100 MB/s
Ultrin,

Ben is correct, foul language is not tolerated here, first and final warning, dont let it happen again.

Steven

My Computer

Ultrain,
We have tried to help you here. I, along with some other members, have given you good advice. The last resost will be a complete reinstall. Do you know if you are willing to do this yet?
We can also help here if you need it.

Ben

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Dell Inspion 530 Default
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1024x768 @ 75 Hz
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 250G ATA SATA-II
    Case
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Cooling
    None
    Keyboard
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Mouse
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Internet Speed
    100 MB/s
New Problem

Hey everyone,
There was a problem that came up in the http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/229606-firewall.html thread started in the security forum. I wanted to foward it to here so that we could get a jump on helping the person

my windows fire wall keeps shuting itself down, i get a virus every time i open IE and no updaters work. can someone plz help?!

Lets give it a whirl....

Thanks,
Ben

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Dell Inspion 530 Default
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1024x768 @ 75 Hz
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 250G ATA SATA-II
    Case
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Cooling
    None
    Keyboard
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Mouse
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Internet Speed
    100 MB/s
Good thread

I am quite surprised by the results, my company has used Avast for over 3 years with no issues.

We repair computers, 90% of the problems we see are virus related. 50% of these have Norton installed.

I am still amazed how many people think that they will not be affected by viruses etc.

My Computer

Thank you Ben,
I think i think the guy needs a lot more help than i can offer.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    AMD Athlon QI-46 2.1 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Wistron 303C
    Memory
    2048 Mb DDR2 SD Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1336x768
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba MK2555GSX ATA
    Mouse
    Synaptics PS2/Touchpad
No Problem Bud,
Just keep sticking around and read as much as you can about this, it helps SOOO much....

Enjoy,
Ben

Thank you Ben,
I think i think the guy needs a lot more help than i can offer.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Dell Inspion 530 Default
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1024x768 @ 75 Hz
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 250G ATA SATA-II
    Case
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Cooling
    None
    Keyboard
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Mouse
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Internet Speed
    100 MB/s
Hello

I recently just downloaded a program that gave me a virus and i can't seem to get rid of it. I am using AVG free edition to try to catch it but it keeps coming back with a virus free scan even though all its virus definitions are up to date. I'm including screens of what is going on. At this point i'm not sure where the virus is located or how to defeat it. any help is appreciated. if there is any other information you might need let me know.

Attachments

• warning1.jpg
    warning1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 14
  • warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 14

My Computer

Ok Wurmboy,
Im guessing that you still have windows restore on. This could be causing the problem. When you get a virus, it is like one of your files. So when you have a restore point create, the virus is also placed there. Also, it could be in your hibernation files. Your AV might be picking it up, but it can still act out of your restore files and also hibernation files.

Turn off Windows Restore Points,
This will be dangerous, so make sure that you back up any and all important files to an external source...

1. Open System by clicking the Start button
GetOpenContent.aspx
, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

2. In the left pane, click System Protection.
GetOpenContent.aspx
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. To turn on System Protection for a hard disk, select the check box next to the disk, and then click OK.
– or –
To turn off System Protection for a hard disk, clear the check box next to the disk, and then click OK.

Delete all Hibernation files...

Go to start, all programs, accessories, system tools, and click disk clean-up. Let it check for all the filesm, and choose to erase all. This will clear it out of old hibernation files....

Also try running malwarebytes and also superantispyware to see if this Trojan has any buddies lying around....

Let us know if that helps,
Ben

Hello

I recently just downloaded a program that gave me a virus and i can't seem to get rid of it. I am using AVG free edition to try to catch it but it keeps coming back with a virus free scan even though all its virus definitions are up to date. I'm including screens of what is going on. At this point i'm not sure where the virus is located or how to defeat it. any help is appreciated. if there is any other information you might need let me know.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Dell Inspion 530 Default
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1024x768 @ 75 Hz
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 250G ATA SATA-II
    Case
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Cooling
    None
    Keyboard
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Mouse
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Internet Speed
    100 MB/s
Ok Wurmboy,
Im guessing that you still have windows restore on. This could be causing the problem. When you get a virus, it is like one of your files. So when you have a restore point create, the virus is also placed there. Also, it could be in your hibernation files. Your AV might be picking it up, but it can still act out of your restore files and also hibernation files.

Turn off Windows Restore Points,
This will be dangerous, so make sure that you back up any and all important files to an external source...

1. Open System by clicking the Start button
GetOpenContent.aspx
, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

2. In the left pane, click System Protection.
GetOpenContent.aspx
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. To turn on System Protection for a hard disk, select the check box next to the disk, and then click OK.
– or –
To turn off System Protection for a hard disk, clear the check box next to the disk, and then click OK.

Delete all Hibernation files...

Go to start, all programs, accessories, system tools, and click disk clean-up. Let it check for all the filesm, and choose to erase all. This will clear it out of old hibernation files....

Also try running malwarebytes and also superantispyware to see if this Trojan has any buddies lying around....

Let us know if that helps,
Ben

Hello

Good advice, but, DON'T FORGET TO TURN SYSTEM RESTORE BACK ON

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Scratch Built
    CPU
    Intel Quad Core 6600
    Motherboard
    Asus P5B
    Memory
    4096 MB Xtreme-Dark 800mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Zotac Amp Edition 8800GT - 512MB DDR3, O/C 700mhz
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 206BW
    Screen Resolution
    1680 X 1024
    Hard Drives
    4 X Samsung 500GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-II HDD w. 16MB Cache .
    PSU
    550 w
    Case
    Thermaltake
    Cooling
    3 x octua NF-S12-1200 - 120mm 1200RPM Sound Optimised Fans
    Keyboard
    Microsoft
    Mouse
    Targus
    Internet Speed
    1500kbs
    Other Info
    Self built.
Re: Security Team

Hey everyone,
I had that horrid rouge trojan that has infected over 3 million people!!!!:eek: and i got rid of it with help from some very smart people. Here is the link to the whole forum about it what i did and everything i had to go through. It may not be in the same location as me but you can locate it through windows defender very easily just look at what i did and you should be able to find an answer. It helped me get my computer back to what i wanted. Pop-up free and no more viruses or any of that crap
http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/191944-malware-hiding-me.html
It is very very helpful
Ben

hi ben my name is jose and currently i am getting problem i have a virus called window.win32.agent azsy knowlleged as personalantivirus , i when thru web site to find information there is true there is a fake virus that made you purchase to download the software and clean your computer now.. i have webroot antivirus andapyware and i sweept and there is not advice for potential risk however i when website for recomendation that says got to star then go to computer, go to search type the personal virus and then remove it then restar you computer but there is no longer but the virus is there they say is very difficult to eliminate because the virus can be hided in some file of my computer,,,,, i don't know what to do now and i need help and assistant

My Computer

Hi Jose, download Eset NOD32(30 day trial) from here and run a full scan. It will remove all of these nasty fake viruses. Besides, you can also run MalwareBytes AntiMalware.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Dual Core 3 GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel 945 GCL desktop motherboard
    Memory
    3 GB DDR 2 667 Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI X1550 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 19"
    Hard Drives
    80 GB IDE Samsung.
    Keyboard
    iBall
    Mouse
    iBall
    Internet Speed
    2mbps
Hi Jose, download Eset NOD32(30 day trial) from here and run a full scan. It will remove all of these nasty fake viruses. Besides, you can also run MalwareBytes AntiMalware.

hi kavita thank for your help i tried running malwarebytes antimalware and the is a software from spyware doctor i did the trial and eventually i got 19 virus 14 of those were cookies and was eliminated but the other one that is a high risk is the trojan.fakealert with 5 infections then it says to purchase the package so i can start running however is telling me that it shouldn't be another antivirus program in the PC and that is the problem i can't uninstall the existing one,,,, but on the other hand why the program i have now webroot after i sweept is reporting me i don't have any virus ?????? now every 2 min I am getting a warning to reboot and scan my computer... what is wrong now?????? :confused: i need help and assistant

My Computer

Back