"Internet Security 2010" virus ... help!????

hello im getting the same problem. downloaded malwarebytes (i think version 1.44) did a scan and it picked up nothing. the only reason i can get on the net is by using google chrome. this vista internet security 2010 is blocking my i.e. if i need a different version can u please let me know. i really am getting annoyed by this crap.

My Computer

Hallo Hemeli, i have done a lot of research on this Internet Security 2010 over the past week and all of it points to Malwarebytes is the app. to remove it but the problem being that this infection blocks Malwarebytes from running (which i now know how to rectify)

Yet in your case Malwarebytes ran but did not detect anything (can you confirm that you updated mbam before you run the scan)

What other Anti virus/malware scanners do you have?

I will have another look around tonight and see if i can find any other cases like yours.

You might want to try Superantispyware and see if it does anything with it in the mean time;

SUPERAntiSpyware.com - Downloads

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett Packard, compaq presario CQ60-305AU
    CPU
    AMD Athlon QI-46 2.1 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Wistron 303C
    Memory
    2048 Mb DDR2 SD Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidea GE Go Force 8200M G / 256Mb dedicated grapics memory
    Sound Card
    MCP78S NVidea High definition
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6" High Definition Brightview Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1336x768
    Hard Drives
    Toshiba MK2555GSX ATA
    Mouse
    Synaptics PS2/Touchpad
Hi, Hemeli.

It may be necessary to do the following prior to updating Malwarebytes:

Please download rkill from one of the following links and save to your Desktop:

One, Two,Three or Four

• Double-click rkill to run.
  • A command window will open then disappear upon completion, this is normal.
  • Please leave rkill on the Desktop until otherwise advised.
  • Do NOT restart your computer after running rkill as the malware program(s) will start again.

Notes:

If you you receive security warnings about rkill, please ignore and allow the download to continue.

Now update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware then click the Update tab and "Check for Updates
  • Once the update has been installed and the program has loaded, select Quick scan
    [*]When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    [*]Be sure that everything is checked, EXCEPT items in System Restore as shown in this sample:
    MBAM_SR.png

[*] Click Remove Selected.

My Computer

How did you ever get tricked into having vista internet security 2010 on your computer anyway? Its hard to believe anyone fell for that scam.

hello im getting the same problem. downloaded malwarebytes (i think version 1.44) did a scan and it picked up nothing. the only reason i can get on the net is by using google chrome. this vista internet security 2010 is blocking my i.e. if i need a different version can u please let me know. i really am getting annoyed by this crap.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion Desktop
    CPU
    Intel E2220 Dual 2.40 ghz 2400 mhz 2 core
    Memory
    4gb Ram, 3.87gb physical memory, 7.95gb virtual meory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidea
    Internet Speed
    DSL 1.5
thanx every1...i went to another forum, they had a bunch of logs from rkill and malwarebytes. i used the logs as a guide and went in manually into my computer and deleted a few files them malwarebytes took out the rest. so far so good giving another pass with malwarebytes then going to run norton just too double check.

My Computer

How did you ever get tricked into having vista internet security 2010 on your computer anyway? Its hard to believe anyone fell for that scam.

i never hit anything for this to happen. im not that stupid to pay for something that comes free with ur computer...windows security is a free program through windows that is updated for free by microsoft so why anyone would do that is beyond me. as to how it got on my pc is also beyond me, i didnt click on anything it just popped up. if my norton antivirus was any good it would have stopped it before entering. instead of trying to charge me $200 dollars to get a live technician took remove the virus there program was supposed to block in the first place(theiving *******s).

My Computer

Hemeli, make sure that you have the most recent 3rd party software installed.

Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash and Adobe Air have each been updated due to vulnerabilities.

Oracle SunJava is also problematic if you have old versions installed. The most current is JRE6u18.

To check if your system is missing security updates or has insecure applications installed, visit OSI - Consumer - Products . The Secunia Software Inspector runs through your browser with no installation or download required and does the following:
  • Detects insecure versions of applications installed
  • Verifies that all Microsoft patches are applied
  • Assists you in updating your system and applications

My Computer

@corrine thanx for the tip about rkill. i ran malwarebytes first without using rkill and it didnt find anything but as soon as i used rkill, malwarebytes pick it right out and cleared it. somehow i got it again, still dont know how but got it right out thanx to ur tips. the first time i ended up removing it by myself using other peoples log information and finding out what files were infected. got lucky with that one. second time i used rkill and malwarebytes and removed it within 2 hrs. but once again thanx for the help corrine

My Computer

Back