iTunes Registry Error

I had the same problems... tried relentlessly for 2 days(reg edit -upper/lower filters, multiple uninstall/installs of itunes)... until i read this thread.. thanks for the CDGONE tip. much appreciated!

My Computer

I'll try to make this as simple as possible...
Follow these steps and you'll be on your way to making iTunes (and your CD/DVD) work right:
1. Run the command prompt (type in CMD in the search bar at the bottom when you click on the start button) from the start menu.
2. In the command prompt, type in "c:" without the parentheses.
3. type "regedit" in line wherever you are. This will open the Registry Editor
4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and CLICK ON THE ARROW on the left. Then go to SYSTEM (do the same), then go to Class, then look for a folder that starts with "4D36E965" (now click on that)
5. On the right pane, right click and Delete both the Upperfilter and Lowerfilter registries. If they ARE NOT there, then you're fine.
6. Right click anywhere on white area on right side and click New-->Multi-String Value (THIS PART IS REAL IMPORTANT, make sure it is a MULTI-STRING VALUE)
7. It prompts you to rename, so rename it "UpperFilters"
8. Now right click on that and click modify and type in "GEARAspiWDM" (capitols are case sensitive) as the VALUE.
9. Hit OK and make sure the right side looks like this:

Name: UpperFilters Type: REG_MULTI_SZ Data: GEARAspiWDM
10. Close the window, restart you computer, and check with iTunes if the Warning message is gone.
1. It should be gone, it works for me and I have WINDOWS 7. It'll work for XP and VISTA as well.

My Computer

Here are my instructions:

Re: iTunes Registry Error I'll try to make this as simple as possible...
Follow these steps and you'll be on your way to making iTunes (and your CD/DVD) work right:
1. Run the command prompt (type in CMD in the search bar at the bottom when you click on the start button) from the start menu.
2. In the command prompt, type in "c:" without the parentheses.
3. type "regedit" in line wherever you are. This will open the Registry Editor
4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and CLICK ON THE ARROW on the left. Then go to SYSTEM (do the same), then go to Class, then look for a folder that starts with "4D36E965" (now click on that)
5. On the right pane, right click and Delete both the Upperfilter and Lowerfilter registries. If they ARE NOT there, then you're fine.
6. Right click anywhere on white area on right side and click New-->Multi-String Value (THIS PART IS REAL IMPORTANT, make sure it is a MULTI-STRING VALUE)
7. It prompts you to rename, so rename it "UpperFilters"
8. Now right click on that and click modify and type in "GEARAspiWDM" (capitols are case sensitive) as the VALUE.
9. Hit OK and make sure the right side looks like this:

Name: UpperFilters Type: REG_MULTI_SZ Data: GEARAspiWDM
10. Close the window, restart you computer, and check with iTunes if the Warning message is gone.
1. It should be gone, it works for me and I have WINDOWS 7. It'll work for XP and VISTA as well.

My Computer

Back