Keeps identifying to network

Hi

Try the combination setting if that does not work try the AES

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Latest Release Preview
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer G276HL 27", (DVi) + Samsung 39" HDTV (HDMI)
    Screen Resolution
    2 x 1920x1080 @50Hz
  • Manufacturer/Model
    Real World Computers (Custom by Me)
    CPU
    AMD FX8350 Vishera 8 Core @4GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus M5A78L-M USB3
    Memory
    32GB [4x8GB] DDR3 1600 MHz
    Graphics card(s)
    Asus nVidia GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 (2GB DDR5)
    Sound Card
    ASUS Xoner DG + SPDIF to 5.1 System + HDMI
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 32" TV
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Internal
    Crucial CT256MX100SSD1 256GB SSD,
    Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH1 2TB,

External (USB3)
    Seagate Backup+ Hub BK SCSI Disk 8TB
    2.5/3.5 Hot Swap Cradle, USB3 + eSata (client HDDs)
    NAS 4TB
    PSU
    Aerocool Templarius Imperator 750W 80+ Silver
    Case
    AeroCool X-Warrior Red Devil Tower
    Cooling
    Hyper103 CPU, Rear 120mm, Front 2x120mm, Side 2x120mm
    Internet Speed
    68 MB Down 18.5 MB Up
    Other Info
    Six Sensor Auto / Manual Digital cooling (Fan) control with Touch control Panel
Nigel,

Thanks ALOT. My laptop probably can't connect (for some reason) when it's WPE. Since it's WPA/SPK it works. I couldn't change it from WPE to WPA/SPK though, I first had to do an hardreset at the router, to restore the factory defaults, after that everything worked.

Once again, thanks alot for your time, really appreciate it!

Luuk

My Computer

Hi, I'm having that exact same problem. My laptop worked fine on my network, until I reinstalled windows. Now I have this problem and can't solve it. It works when I plug in the cat5 cable, but no wireless. I know my wireless router works, because my iPhone is still working off it. Oddly enough, when I started having this problem, I was able to connect to my neigbours router for a short time. My ip and dns is set to automatic, I've reset my key values, still nothing. It is connected to the router, I cant access my other computers, or the internet....I know it's got to be a setting in Vista somewhere, it must be. I remember having a heck of a time when I originally set up the network, but not like this...any help..PLEASE!!

My Computer

I am not sure if you have fixed the problem but I had the same problem and I clicked on "Network & Sharing Center" (You can just click on the wireless icon and select this at the bottom lower right icon tray) , then, "manage network connections," next I right clicked on my "Wireless Network Connection icon" and selected disable. It takes about 3 seconds to enact this. Then I right click again and re-enabled it. It found my previously established "Private" Home Network. Hope this works for you or someone else with this problem.

My Computer

I had this problem with my laptop also.
I restarted the laptop with the wireless connection switch shut off.
After reboot was complete, then I turned the switch back on.
Then open control panel, Network & Sharing Center.
Should be your default network now & private network status.
Across from that click Customize.
At the bottom of the pop-up click 'Merge or delete Network Locations'.
In the pop-up if there is a Network that is not in use delete it, then close/cancel the remaining open windows.
I have a third party software firewall (Comodo) installed on my laptop which I use and thought I had the windows firewall disable but I guessed wrong.
So I went to start menu, control panel, windows firewall, and found that even though I had it turned off it was still monitoring my system.
To disable the Windows Firewall on a network connection:

1. Click Start and click Control Panel.
2. Click then select Windows Firewall.
3. Click Change Settings.
4. From the window that appears, click the Advanced tab.
5. Remove the check beside the connection that you want to disable the Windows Firewall for.
6. Click OK.
Then from the start menu, run command, type 'services.msc' without the quotation marks.
Find windows firewall, highlight and right click, then click properties.
At service status click Stop.
Then from the 'startup type' drop down menu click 'Disabled'.
Click Apply, then OK.
Reboot.
After the reboot I received a window asking what type of network I would like, I chose Home/Private.
Then Control Panel, Network & Sharing Center.
Should be a Private Network now, click Customize.
In open window click Merge or Delete Network locations.
If there are 2 click on the 1 not being used then click Merge.
In the open window select the 1 being used and click Merge, Apply/OK.
That's all folks, good to go.

My Computer

I know this is a very old post, I am however very hopeful that someone will reply because this issue has been raising my blood pressure for last 48 hours and I feel that I'll get a heart attack soon.
I have an HP pavillion dv6000 with a Vista Ultimate x64 system on it. As I was browsing internet the other day, I accidentally bumped into the button that manually deactivates the network adapter. I turned it back on immediately, but the computer already indicated "identifying" with no internet. So I went downstairs, reset the modem and router (because that's what has always worked before everywhere else), and came back to my computer. It is still identifying.
ALL THE OTHER COMPUTERS WORK JUST FINE
, even after multiple modem and router restarts. I have not done anything but bumped into the button and it stopped working. I tried all the above steps, nothing works. If somebody had an idea and would like to reply, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!!

My Computer

Back