Medal of Honor Airborne - Problems

I dug MOH Air back out from the shelve to play again on my newer system, and
here's what I discovered.
After sorting around in this forum, and found no clear answer. but some clues...

This is what worked for me, but I'll explain the problem first.

During installation, it asks for the key, and I continue to a quick flash of a command script and a application that atempted to start but bombed. I figured it out to be the PhysX trying to install, and my system is at Vista SP2 now and more resent Nvidia 8800GTx drivers. Nvida installed version 8 phsyx, and the install version is around 7.

So what I did was uninstall the Nvidia Phsyx and ran the MOH Air installer without any snag. After which I reinstalled the latest Phsyx again from the Standard Nvidia driver installation. It includes PhsyX in it.

Hope this helps anyone now and later, even though this thread is old, it still came up as a relevant hit in Google..

Cheers!

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    2 Duo 2.0 ghz Xenon
    Motherboard
    Dell
    Memory
    4 Gig
    Sound Card
    SB Music Xtreeme
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 Dell 2007WP (20 inch Wide) UltraSharp
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Under 1 terabyte 3 drives
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless Entertainment 7000
    Internet Speed
    1mb
I also removed the PhysX drive (from Programs and Features) and then installed MOHA.

Install went perfectly, then updated the Nvidia drivers afterwards...still no problems, game works fine.

Thanks for the solution.

(Vista Ultimate 64bit + Nvidia 9500GT)

My Computer

im gonna assume your using an nvidia gpu , if you are you need to uninstall your physX divers then install the game then reinstall physX , its a problem relating to the Ageia physX engine that Airbourne uses

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 @ 4Gig / Titan Fenir
    Motherboard
    XFX 780i
    Memory
    4GB OCZ PC2-8500C5 DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gainward GTX260/216 SLI
    Sound Card
    Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22"
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    western digital raptor 10000rpm sata
    PSU
    OCZ Modstream 700w
    Cooling
    Titan Fenir
    Keyboard
    Razer Reclusa
    Mouse
    Logitech G5 Gamer
    Internet Speed
    8mb
im gonna assume your using an nvidia gpu , if you are you need to uninstall your physX divers then install the game then reinstall physX , its a problem relating to the Ageia physX engine that Airbourne uses

Yes, that would be what I indicated in my post. Nvidia and the Physx Driver are inclusive to a single file installation from Nvidia's driver packages.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    2 Duo 2.0 ghz Xenon
    Motherboard
    Dell
    Memory
    4 Gig
    Sound Card
    SB Music Xtreeme
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 Dell 2007WP (20 inch Wide) UltraSharp
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Under 1 terabyte 3 drives
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless Entertainment 7000
    Internet Speed
    1mb
Hey fellas, you guys mention the problems installing MOHA associated with Nvidia and Ageia physX engine, I'm also having problems with the install straight after the key code entry and it says 'preparing to install...' , the problem is, I'm not using Nvidia cards, I'm using a Radeon HD4870 1GB GDDR5, any advice you peeps could throw my way.
Oh, the Airborne version I'm trying to install is from the 10th anniversary edition and all the other discs installed without problems.

My Computer

Pilgrim,

The PhysX drivers come packaged with many games - and they get installed regardless of the video card.

I'm right in the middle of <fingers crossed> what looks like a successful install after many failed attempts. The key steps are:

1) Un-install the existing nVidia PhysX drivers.

2) Switch on Windows Firewall

Step 1 stops the installer crashing back to desktop halfway through the PhysX install
Step 2 speeds up the 'Copying new files' (it's still slow, but not glacial!). It also stopped my DVD drive from making sounds like someone sawing logs ;)

Once it's up-and-running I'll

3) Re-install the latest nVidia drivers.

My Computer

Thanks RostokMcSpoons that seems to have done the trick, done exactly like you suggested and the game installed fine, had a quick play everything looks good. Thanks. :D

My Computer

I bought it and it runs on my 64.bits,,,But i feel it has a bit of problem with what i call "mouse-lagg". You dont really have control of your mouse, its a bit like walking on ice.I tride to disconnect my wheel and gamepad, the same. Even trid to go really really low on the setting, but the same mouselagg.I know its not 100 percent compatible with Vista64, but i hope a patch will solve this cause its a good game and its very fun.
Why should we who have the 64 bits be standing in the cold when the 32 bits can run it??
I hope in the future that the games they say will run on vista without a problem its not just for the 32bits owner.

I don't have any mouse problems - it sounds like you have quite a few controllers plugged in there! How about if you disconnect them all (apart from the mouse) restart and try then?

Hi! Thanks for the 'reply' above.. I wouldn't have thought to UNPLUG my gamepad, even though that did happen to me on another game once before. AIRBORNE is awesome! I just bought the 10th anniversary and beat 'AA, SpearHead & Breakthru' on hard setting, played a bit on-line (fun - reminded me of DayOfDefeat), then I beat 'Pacific Assault on Medium setting (really nice game), and now started Airborne (thanks to njparton!). If you guys wanna buy Airborne CHEAP, it & 'pacific assault' are $10.oo NEW @ Officemax! Also they have a few older 'Need for Speed' racing games, a couple StarTrek (crap?), FarCry2, Supreme Commander, G.R.A.W.2, "Age of Mythology" - all $10.oo each, no shipping, new 'keys' - not a bad deal (and you can turn in old ink cartriges for credit the next month.. (1 TB hard-drive portable by 'Hitachi' is $74.oo on sale right now)).:geek:

My Computer

Back