Music Files Moving File location automatically

Can't find anything in cyberlink. It's options are VERY limiting. From what I can find it doesn't look like it even has a library or any kind of file organization.

Files moved again this morning after launching media player just to listen to some music, so I believe the intial suspicions of everyone here are correct in that the problem lies in media player but I have already tried the suggestions everyone has listed and files are still moving so I don't know what else I can do.

Even with the unlikely event at this point that it is anything else I still don't know how to change the settings in itunes.

I'm afraid to fiddle with msconfig on account of what happened last time as posted above. Unless someone can tell me which exact startup processes, services etc. to turn on or off I don't plan on touching it. I'm afraid I'll break it like I did before.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP/a6752f
    CPU
    Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8200 2.33GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus IPIBL-LB
    Memory
    4 x 1028 MB DDR2-SDRAM (PC2-6400/800MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9500 GS
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC 888S chipset (integrated HD audio)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG Flatron L206WtQ-BF
    Screen Resolution
    168x1050
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD6400AAKS-65A7B0 640 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)
    Keyboard
    HP Enhanced Multimedia PS/2 KB 0630
    Mouse
    hp PS/2 optical mouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable
When you set up for a clean boot, as I described, you're not modifying or uninstalling anything, you're merely not having them startup or run on reboot. It's easily reversed to take you back to where you started. It's merely a tool to try to find out if some process or app is interfering with other operations.

If you have the free version of Cyberlink, it doesn't have many features. If you don't use it, you can uninstall it.

I'm not going to install the iTunes software to check it out.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
No worries there wither, I wouldn't expect you to install something to figure out someone elses problem, it sounded like townsb had itunes though so was hoping he could fill in the details there, but again no worries I can try fiddling withit. Unfortunately I do use cyberlink when I watch dvd's on my computer. The version I have is version 10 the whole suite so it isn't the free version, but even still options are limiting.

I do know msconfig is though, but when I messed around with it last time to stop a few services from running at bootup and turned off a few services, it turned off ALL of them except ones that couldn't be turned off. It was a nightmare and wasn't easy to reverse. I couldn't even access the internet on the pc to look up how to fix it I have to use my laptop to do that and it took a while to fix. I am not sure what I did, but I am afraid of that happening again. So while to you it's a quick and simple easy to reverse tool, it wasn't the time that happened. I only turned off on my own services that I knew what they were and somehow everything got turned off.

I am afraid to alter anything however, just looking at it and not changing anything I can see theat the list of items that are checked under the startup tab is very short:

RAID Event Monitor
Microsoft Windows Operating System
hpsysdrv Application
Kbd Stub
Common SDK
Logitech H760 Headset
Kaspersky Anti-Virus
cyberlink brs
Microsoft Office 2010
Adobe Acrobat
Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware

There is a list of many items below thoses however the the boxes next to them are unchecked so they shouldn't run at startup. I believe at least two of those are for my media keyboard and my dvd drive. My pc and printer are a Hewlett Packard so the one starting with hp has something to do with that I think.

If it would help I can also list what's listed under the services tab of msconfig as to what's running/stopped and checked/unchecked are a clean boot, as there are many there that I have no idea what they are or what they do.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP/a6752f
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Asus IPIBL-LB
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9500 GS
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG Flatron L206WtQ-BF
    Screen Resolution
    168x1050
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    hp PS/2 optical mouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable
The startup tab under msconfig is just one way that programs start automatically-one of 4.The others are the startup folder under start menu, services.msc, & task manager. More programs are under services.msc than msconfig. You can access the same programs under the services tab on msconfig however you get more options with services.msc. Also there isn't the option of stopping all so you don't have to worry about that however you do have to be careful what you stop because most of the services must be left alone. It is really simple though. Double click on the service and change start up type from automatic to disabled or manual and then click on the stop button. Please note that if you disable something you might lose some functionality of your programs. For example if you disable the iTunes processes you won't be able to sych an iPhone, iPad, or iPod. That is why you can't generally disable the windows processes unless you know what can be stopped safely. You'd potentially disconnect yourself from the internet, cause windows to throw a licensing error, cripple your anti virus, lose your Aero theme, be prevented from printing, or keep windows from performing restore points. IMO because of this it should really only be used by advanced users so as a word of advice, if you don't know what something is leave it alone or google it. From msconfig you used the option to disable everything however you didn't filter out Microsoft services first.

Yes I do use iTunes which is why I thought of it first. From the main screen click on edit, preferences, advanced. From there you can un-check Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized. You can also change the media folder and see where it is currently set. If it is the folder that you are having trouble with than iTunes might very well be your problem. As for cyberlink, have you gone through it's options? I am not familiar with that program so I can't help you there.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Industry Pro x64
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavillion Elite HPE-250f
    CPU
    Intel i7 860 Quad core 2.8 ghz
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 gb ram
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
    https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-elite-hpe-250f/
  • Operating System
    Windows 2012 R2 Data center/Linux Mint
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    i3 9100 3.6GHz, 8M cache, 4C/4T
    Memory
    8GB 2666MT/s DDR4 ECC UDIMM
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/productdetailstxn/poweredge-t140?~ck=bt
Townsbg. Thanks for the instructions on itunes I will try that and see if it makes a difference. I did look through cyberlink settings however the stettings are very limited and I did not find anything that suggested it even keep it's own library of media files so I was unable to get very far there.

My start up folder on my start menu is always empty, I posted a list previously of things running in task manager and I believe we didn't find any potential culprits there. I also listed the msconfig items in my last post, and services.msc is where I had to manually reset everything last time when I tinkered with msconfig so I believe they are connected. I will try changing itunes settings first though and see if that helps, if not I will hesitantly and cautiously consider fiddling with services.msc again.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP/a6752f
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Asus IPIBL-LB
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9500 GS
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG Flatron L206WtQ-BF
    Screen Resolution
    168x1050
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    hp PS/2 optical mouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable
Have you scanned for viruses?

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
  • Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    Memory
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
I have. I use Kaspersky internet security and anti-virus that always runs in the background, and it has not detected anything.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP/a6752f
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Asus IPIBL-LB
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9500 GS
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG Flatron L206WtQ-BF
    Screen Resolution
    168x1050
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    hp PS/2 optical mouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable
Well I am stumped.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
  • Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    Memory
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
Ditto. Not sure what else to do at this point. Guess I'll just have to keep expecting it to happen randomly when I'm organizing my music. I appreciate everyone's help on this matter even if it didn't get solved. Perhaps some of what has been posted may be of help to anyone else out there who might end up having a similar problem at the least.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP/a6752f
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Asus IPIBL-LB
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9500 GS
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG Flatron L206WtQ-BF
    Screen Resolution
    168x1050
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    hp PS/2 optical mouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable
Back