Need help with a gateway laptop...PLEASE!

I can give you the s/n but I tried it on the same page you have linked me to. It appears that gateways info is incorrect. when I checked the products that the drivers I downloaded were for...my laptop was not even listed.

here is the s/n N3D7921008133

maybe you can have better luck than me...but the drivers they give me for that model and s/n shows up as intel drivers. I'm assuming that is not what I want considering the laptop has the amd processor...

My Computer

wow...really? now I feel dumb. yes...I did try the intel drivers. The link you previously gave me was what I downloaded and copied to the usb drive. then I tried to load the drivers when attempting to install vista. nothing would show up. then I unchecked the box that said something concerning "not showing incompatible drivers with your hardware". once I did that it showed all of the intel drivers but I do not have the option to install any of them.

My Computer

if I uncheck the box that says "Hide drivers that are not compatible with hardware on this computer" then 13 different drivers are listed. If I check the box then there are none listed.

My Computer

man...I am beyond frustrated at this point. I don't know which of the 13 drivers I should install. I'm about ready to give up and junk it. It seems that nothing ever occurs the same way twice. sometimes when I try to install vista it will see the hard drive and now it won't.

My Computer

haha...thats the thing...its random. The hdd showed the first time I tried to install the drivers then it froze up. I had to restart and now the hdd isn't there.

My Computer

Hi ProjectSunfire

Do you now the make of the drive, check on your web site for your hard drive diagnostics tools:

It is looking to be a bad hard drive or connection.
Or bad connection on laptop.

My Computer

yeah thats what im thinking....a bad connection. the hard drive is good...it was in the hp vista. worked fine...until the video card took a dump. ran diagnostics on it. checked fine.

My Computer

Back