New NOD32 4 & Smart Security 4 Released!!!

Ps- the PCFlanks leaktest is faulty. it said I failed, yet when I clicked the link to see my Text "test" message, it was not there to be seen. neither was the ip or any other info. it was blank just as it would be for a sucessful leaktest.

Try this legit leaktest:GRC*|*LeakTest -- How to Use Version 1.x**
click, "test for leaks"

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    19.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture1.GIF
    Capture1.GIF
    14 KB · Views: 21

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    T7600G Core2Duo 2.66 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Intel 945PM + ICH7 Chipset
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobility Radeon x1900 256MB
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    WUXGA 17"
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    640GB 7200RPM SATA/RAID 0 (2x320GB)
    and 320GB 7200RPM External
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft 3000
    Internet Speed
    10 mbps/2 mbps
    Other Info
    Optical Drive:
    Panasonic UJ-220 DL BD-RE (Blu-Ray)
i have always used the GRC website to check my firewalls , used it for years infact at least 4 years and in all that time the tests have never changed , do you think they may be out of date?

Now i have another problem.........im happy with eset standalone av and commodo to back up my router firewall i wont be going back to esets firewall but..............my wifes laptop running eset smart security and windows XP is passing some of the tests my 64 bit vista machine is failing ..... why is this? bothe were configured the same

Ive read all you posts with interest and i am learning from them , im not just here for an argument , i dont know enough to win ;)

However the main point of this thread was a discussion about esets firewall , regardless of how others perform , its just proving Vista's firewall is better nothing else

esets firewall failed the leaktest , it should have flaged it up and asked permission , it didnt and this is a failing whatever way you look at it , sure you can manually configure a rule to block it , but it wont block the next differant leaktest , it'll let that one through without asking too.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 @ 4Gig / Titan Fenir
    Motherboard
    XFX 780i
    Memory
    4GB OCZ PC2-8500C5 DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gainward GTX260/216 SLI
    Sound Card
    Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22"
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    western digital raptor 10000rpm sata
    PSU
    OCZ Modstream 700w
    Cooling
    Titan Fenir
    Keyboard
    Razer Reclusa
    Mouse
    Logitech G5 Gamer
    Internet Speed
    8mb
I think we've been a bit unfair to ESS, as ESET is known for outstanding NOD32 AV, so if we compare Comodo AV vs. NOD32, NOD32 will always win, no questions about that. Same thing is if we compare ESET Firewall vs. Comodo Firewall (which has been known firewall company for years, same as ESET for AV), Comodo will prevail. And as I said having Comodo for free, I see no reason not to install it, combined with NOD32 makes pretty good combination for regular users, who want out-of-the-box solution.

As for inbound/outbound configuration, you can set Comodo to "paranoid mode" :) blocking everything, asking permission for every action you take.

Btw, archie123 is right, this is ESS thread, so we should discuss its features.

Cheers,
Miki

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z590
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo P9500 2.53GHz
    Memory
    4GB DDR3-1066Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)