Solved Outlook 2007 won't open in Vista

I registered just to thank everyone for the help! My problem: outlook 2007 would hang up at startup, I could only start in safe mode, explorer would lock up when adding a new folder or deleting a folder or file.

Steps I took:

1) Ran scanpst.exe on all psts I was using (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\SCANPST.EXE) This can take a long time - let it run if it seems like it is hanging up while scanning or while it is fixing the problems it finds
2) Ran outlook /clearviews from run menu (hit windows logo key + r) remember there is a space before the "/" but not after
3) ignored the error message
4) Ran outlook /safe
5) Closed outlook
6) Started the task manager
7) Went to the "Processes" tab
8) clicked the "Show Processes from all users" button
9) Look for SearchIndexer.exe - then right click and stop it
10) Go to the Services tab and click the "Services.." button
11) Find the entry for "Windows Search Properties"
12) right click and go to properties
13) on the "general" tab go to the menu for "Startup type" and set it for "diabled"
14) Resart Windows
15) It may ask you to reindex - do it and then reboot if necessary
16) All problems solved.
17) optional - go back to the Services program and set Window Search Properties back to Automatic. Starting Windows once without the search running seemed to be enough.

I hope this saves somebody at least some of the pain I endured trying to fix this problem. (still don't know what caused it though)

My Computer

Hi everybody, I try opening Outlook 2007 and it gives me a pop-out saying "This application failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found"
I tried repairing and reinstalling but after it seems like it starts, it gives me another pop-out about the tasks it needs to do, and it stops in between, saying that it failed doing the task
then I click ok and it gives me the message about how MSVCR80.dll was not found
Can anyone help me fix this problem?
I run Windows Vista Home Basic and Microsoft Office 2007 enterprise.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 5700-2792
    CPU
    Intel Pentium Dual-Core
    Memory
    512MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
    Monitor(s) Displays
    14.1" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD