printer compatibility with Vista

Hi dbknox.
Yes delleted printers in printer window NOT uninstalled.
Yes have SP1 installed.

What do you EXactly mean "no way I can change the "portrait/Landscape". "

Thanks for that SteveM
The main gist of my earlier post was the fact that My friends epson 200 printer will only print a photo on the paper with the long side going side to side although the preview shows up and down. This causes part of the photo to be missing. ( Printing a 4x6 print).
When we try to change to "landscape" to see if that will make a difference the little check window is greyed out.
Hope you have help with your problem, good luck to you.

Sorry I can't resist,
When you say change lanscape the check window (or the little box next to the word landscape) is greyed out. On which Printer requester are you looking at ?
Is it the one from the app OR from the printer from Windows(start menu)-printers ?

My Computer

Sorry I can't resist,
When you say change lanscape the check window (or the little box next to the word landscape) is greyed out. On which Printer requester are you looking at ?
Is it the one from the app OR from the printer from Windows(start menu)-printers ?
From the app, It is not my printer, he said it didn't matter what Program he used to try to print. (He has several.)
I will be going to visit tomorrow and I will try updating the driver in SP1, plus deleting the driver and installing. I will check and see if this is the case ( landscape greyed out) using a word processor. I will post back Thursday.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire M1100 R01-A1
    CPU
    2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer F690GVM
    Memory
    2047 MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
    Sound Card
    realtek
    Internet Speed
Well, I went to my friends house and tried "updating" the driver for his Epson 200 and got the message that the best driver is the one that is installed. Then I deleted the printer and tried rebooting, added the printer as "default" and it works!!, Go figure. He has updated to SP1, I don't know wether that helps or not but, bottom line it works. While I was at it I downloaded the Program paintnet for him. He is quite impressed with it.
Thanks SteveM you saved him the price of a new printer.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire M1100 R01-A1
    CPU
    2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer F690GVM
    Memory
    2047 MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
    Sound Card
    realtek
    Internet Speed
Ok, Hoping I can get some help from someone who really knows there stuff.
I've just bought a new PC and finally moved on up to Vista, I am running Ultimate x64 for the ability to upgrade RAM in the future.
I have a Canon IP3000 which I love as cartridges are only $1.75 ech and I use a lot of ink!
However I plug it in, and windows installs the driver etc. I can now print from Notepad, IE, Wordpad etc, however If I try to print from dvd cover printing software i.e Accoustica or Cover Me etc, none of them can find the IP3000 yet it appears as default in the printer folder in Ctrl Panel. I have tried downloading the add on from Canon, but this seemingly does nothing. even Canon CD label print which I downloaded from Canon website for x64 says it cannot find a printer with cd media printing ability.

I am going insane trying to work out why I cannot get any programs to recognise my printer even though it clearly works.

Please help me :-)

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Quad core 2.66ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Geforce 9800 GTX
    Hard Drives
    750 GB Seagate Internal
    500 GB WD External
    300 GB Iomega External
    1 TB WD External
    1 TB External Media Player (WD)
    PSU
    600w
    Case
    Coolermaster
    Internet Speed
    1500kb
Ok, Hoping I can get some help from someone who really knows there stuff.
I've just bought a new PC and finally moved on up to Vista, I am running Ultimate x64 for the ability to upgrade RAM in the future.
I have a Canon IP3000 which I love as cartridges are only $1.75 ech and I use a lot of ink!
However I plug it in, and windows installs the driver etc. I can now print from Notepad, IE, Wordpad etc, however If I try to print from dvd cover printing software i.e Accoustica or Cover Me etc, none of them can find the IP3000 yet it appears as default in the printer folder in Ctrl Panel. I have tried downloading the add on from Canon, but this seemingly does nothing. even Canon CD label print which I downloaded from Canon website for x64 says it cannot find a printer with cd media printing ability.

I am going insane trying to work out why I cannot get any programs to recognise my printer even though it clearly works.

Please help me :-)

I'm guessing that the filename of the add-on module is "b7100MUx.exe"? I know this because I also have the IP3000 (which is a great printer for anyone else reading this).

I downloaded that module, and had no problems. Maybe that's also because I also downloaded newer versions of "Canon Easy Photoprint" and "CD-LabelPrint".

Then again, I don't use "CD-LabelPrint" because I created a template in CorelDRAW 14 that does the job even better.

I'd attach the downloads for you, but my internet connect is [INSERT COLORFUL EXPLETIVES HERE] again, and the best I can do is this replay. I'll se what I can do in the morning, and will try to get the files to you, even if only in the form of links where you can download them yourself from Canon.

Is that ok by you?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    AMD Phenom 9600 Quad
    Motherboard
    ASUS MB-M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi
    Memory
    2 x A-Data 2GB DDR2-800
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ATI Radeon HD 2400PRO
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAHARA 21"
    Screen Resolution
    1600x1200
    Hard Drives
    2 x 80GB Seagate (I)
    2 x 120GB Seagate (I/S)
    2 x 200GB Seagate (I/S)
    2 x 250GB Seagate (I/S)
    PSU
    800W
    Case
    Thermaltake Tai-Chi
    Cooling
    Tai-Chi Water Cooler
    Keyboard
    Genius
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    384kbps
    Other Info
    Currently dual booting between Vista x64 Ultimate Windows 7 BETA x64
Hi mate,

a link to that file would be awesome, the add on module I got from Canon website was named AOMVSTEA23 so not sure why u got different one,but Ill definitely search it now and see what happens.

cheers

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Quad core 2.66ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Geforce 9800 GTX
    Hard Drives
    750 GB Seagate Internal
    500 GB WD External
    300 GB Iomega External
    1 TB WD External
    PSU
    600w
    Case
    Coolermaster
    Internet Speed
    1500kb
Ok, I located that file and downloaded from canon website, but still no success, I already downloaded the new cd label print and easy photo print software etc so I really dont know what the problem is, everyone else seems to have no problems with the IP3000 except me.....

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Quad core 2.66ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Geforce 9800 GTX
    Hard Drives
    750 GB Seagate Internal
    500 GB WD External
    300 GB Iomega External
    1 TB WD External
    PSU
    600w
    Case
    Coolermaster
    Internet Speed
    1500kb
Hi mate,

a link to that file would be awesome, the add on module I got from Canon website was named AOMVSTEA23 so not sure why u got different one,but Ill definitely search it now and see what happens.

cheers

Following are the same links that I used for my downloads:

Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module
Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module
But just to also be sure you get the right file, I've attached the file I myself used. Because it is an EXE Zip file, I'd suggest you scan it first for viruses, just to be on the safe side. Just remember that if this file screws up your system, then I'm not responsible, ok? ;)

CD-LabelPrint 1.3.0b
CD-LabelPrint

Easy-LayoutPrint 1.03
Easy-LayoutPrint

Easy-PhotoPrint EX for Windows 1.2.0
Easy-PhotoPrint EX for Windows

I hope this helps you. I'm assuming, of course, that you are using the the driver for the Canon IP3000 that came supplied with Windows Vista x64? This is is the driver I am using, and I had no problems with the add-on module, which I installed first before installing Easy-PhotoPrint EX for Windows 1.2.0.

I don't use the other apps, because as I mentioned earlier I use templates that I created in CorelDRAW X4 for CD Printing.

Let me know if you want the CorelDRAW templates for CD Printing...

Attachments

• b7100MUx.exe
    579.5 KB · Views: 65

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    AMD Phenom 9600 Quad
    Motherboard
    ASUS MB-M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi
    Memory