Problem instaling Adobe reader 9.1

So your computer is running properly apart from the Adobe, iTunes glitches?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    LAPTOP. HP Pavilion dv7-1005TX .
    CPU
    IntelCore [email protected] x2
    Memory
    4.00 GB installed, max capacity 8 GB.
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT & 512MB DDR2 dedicated graphics mem.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.0" diagonal WXGA + High definition brightview widescreen infinity display.
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.
    Drive 1. 298.09 GB Fujitzu MHZ2320BH G2 ATA Device
    Drive 2. [ All as above.]

CONFIG. C:\287.65 GB, D:\298.09 GB, E:\10.44 GB.
    Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Mouse
    Synaptics PS/2 Port touch pad.
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.
So your computer is running properly apart from the Adobe, iTunes glitches?
Not really, when i turn on UAC most of the icons in the task bar dissapear but when I turn UAC off all those icons come back. For example with UAC on my mouse pad scrolling action does not work but it works with UAC off. With UAC off my Trend Micro task bar icon disappears so I dont know if I'm being protected.

My Computer

Looks as though we need to delve into your computer history further.
When you purchased your computer did it come preloaded wirh an Anti Virus Program? If so what was it & how did you uninstall it?
When did you first notice the glitches that you have now?
Is the computer fully updated? [ Windows, Security etc.]
Have you done all of your computer housework regularly? [defrag, disk clean up, error checking, computer back up.]

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.

Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.
Looks as though we need to delve into your computer history further.
When you purchased your computer did it come preloaded wirh an Anti Virus Program? If so what was it & how did you uninstall it?
When did you first notice the glitches that you have now?
Is the computer fully updated? [ Windows, Security etc.]
Have you done all of your computer housework regularly? [defrag, disk clean up, error checking, computer back up.]

The laptop is an HP Pavillion dv6700 running vista 64 bit, is about a year old. I am sure it came with an antivirus program and I deleted the program thru control panel; programs and features. I do not remember which antivirus software program, The computer is fully updated with latest security patches. The only updates that are no able to install are Zune 4.0 and Office Live ad In 1.4. The last successfull update installed was a definition update for windows defender on 17 Sept.

Dfrag is done thru schedule. Clean up is done thru Trend Micro. Error checking not in a long while. Back up only pictures and music.

Last year I installed a program called Tversity (used to stream music and videos to xbox and ps3) I had to turn off UAC for this program to work. It was the first time I uninstalled UAC. After getting bored of Tversity I uninstalled thru Control Panel but left UAC off. I started to notice problems when the latest version of Adobe reader came out and I was asked to update. Then the problem escalated to the iTunes version before this last one.

My Computer

The laptop is an HP Pavillion dv6700 running vista 64 bit, is about a year old. I am sure it came with an antivirus program and I deleted the program thru control panel; programs and features. I do not remember which antivirus software program, The computer is fully updated with latest security patches. The only updates that are no able to install are Zune 4.0 and Office Live ad In 1.4. The last successfull update installed was a definition update for windows defender on 17 Sept.

Dfrag is done thru schedule. Clean up is done thru Trend Micro. Error checking not in a long while. Back up only pictures and music.

Last year I installed a program called Tversity (used to stream music and videos to xbox and ps3) I had to turn off UAC for this program to work. It was the first time I uninstalled UAC. After getting bored of Tversity I uninstalled thru Control Panel but left UAC off. I started to notice problems when the latest version of Adobe reader came out and I was asked to update. Then the problem escalated to the iTunes version before this last one.

Having purchased three HP laptops over recent years myself, yours would certainly have had an Anti Virus Program on it. [Probably Norton] The reason I'm asking this is - if you didn't use the appropriate Removal Tool [ as distinct from Control Panel etc.] there could well be remnants of the original AV still lurking on your computer. These remaining remnants are well known to create problems.[However the problems are usually seen fairly early after uninstalling the original AV.]
I suggest you run both lots of check disk asap & would recommend that you back up your whole computer too.
I hope you meant turned off UAC.;)
Have you a system restore point prior to when you started having these problems with Adobe & iTunes?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.

Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.
While you are doing that, checking the RAM would be a good idea too.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z46GDU
    CPU
    [email protected] w/6MB L2 cache 1066MHz FSB
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    9300M GS 256MB + Intel Integrated 4500MHD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    13.1" WXGA True Colour Tough
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    320GB SATA 7200RPM
    Internet Speed
    1MB/s

Having purchased three HP laptops over recent years myself, yours would certainly have had an Anti Virus Program on it. [Probably Norton] The reason I'm asking this is - if you didn't use the appropriate Removal Tool [ as distinct from Control Panel etc.] there could well be remnants of the original AV still lurking on your computer. These remaining remnants are well known to create problems.[However the problems are usually seen fairly early after uninstalling the original AV.]
I suggest you run both lots of check disk asap & would recommend that you back up your whole computer too.
I hope you meant turned off UAC.;)
Have you a system restore point prior to when you started having these problems with Adobe & iTunes?

Yes I meant turned off UAC. Check disk did not find any problems.

My Computer

to note i tried to to an update and it failed as well i have adobe reader 9.0

after i failed on the update,reader itself did not work

i uninstalled reader, did the microsoft install cleaner, searched the h/d for adobe files

and deleted them. rebooted and installed reader and the updates no problem

that work for me hope thing work out for you

p.s. adobe seems to do this every now nad then

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    homegrown
    CPU
    intel core2 quad Q6600 2.4ghz
    Motherboard
    gigabyte x38t-dq6
    Memory
    4gb ddr3 Corsair TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia geforce 8800gt 512mb
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC889A codec
    Monitor(s) Displays
    samsung 21.3 screen
    Screen Resolution
    1024 by768
    Hard Drives
    500gb wd hd

250gb wd hd
    PSU
    Corsair CMPSU-750TX
    Case
    -
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    Keyboard
    microsoft wireless keyboard 7000
    Mouse
    microsoft wireless mouse 7000
    Internet Speed
    cable 850
    Other Info
    pioneer dvd-rw dvr215d

lite-on cd-rw sohr

creative inspire pt7800 7.1

plus 2.1 addtional speakers

hp officejet j5750
same problem tht i'm facing. When ever trying to install the flash player getting problem like operating system error!(16248.203.296-7327........) and also when installing activex control displaying tht windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item (while opening in firefox)

My Computer

same problem tht i'm facing. When ever trying to install the flash player getting problem like operating system error!(16248.203.296-7327........) and also when installing activex control displaying tht windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item (while opening in firefox)

Hello sudhirv & welcome to our forum,
If you wish to receive help with Adobe Flash Player I would suggest you start a new thread rather that tag along on this Adobe Reader 9.1 one.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.

Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.