Solved problem with copying ddl's

tobbert

Hello

I need to copy some dll files to my system32 but vista wont let me. I have tried enabling the administrator account but i keep getting the message that i dont have the rights to perform the action or something. Disabling UAC also didnt help anything. Vista is such a pain in the ass. I know security is a good thing but they also should consider to make it easier to work with it....... XP ftw!

TIA!

My Computer

Hi tobbert,

You might want to try doing it thru the hidden admin account, but it's recommended not to use it all the time. Or you might just try taking ownership of the files, and see if it will allow you then.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Airbot 2.0
    CPU
    Core i7 920 (D0) @ 4Ghz, 26c idle- 65c full load on air
    Motherboard
    Asus P6X58D Premium -Sata 6Gb/s - USB 3.0
    Memory
    12GB Corsair Dominator -CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 480 -Fermi
    Sound Card
    ASUS Xonar D2X
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG 24" Flatron W2453V-PF Full HD 1080p 2ms response time
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080@60hz
    Hard Drives
    1 OCZ Vertex2 180GB SSD
    1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 7200RPM 32MB cache
    2 500GB WD Caviar Blacks 7200RPM 32MB cache (WD5001AALS)

Pioneer DVD Burner DVR-S18M
    PSU
    Corsair HX1000W
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF 932
    Cooling
    Case Fans -3 230mm, 1 140mm/CPU - Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless MK700
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless MK700
    Internet Speed
    100 MBPS DL 30.17Mbps UL 0.98Mbps
    Other Info
    Windows 7
    Processor-7.7 RAM- 7.9 Graphics-7.9 Gaming Graphics- 7.9 HDD- 7.8

W.E.I final score= 7.7

Windows Vista=5.9
I told in my first post that i allready tried this but without succes. Even when logged in as full administrator i still get the message that i dont have the rights :sarc:

My Computer

If you're trying to copy to System32 you'll be facing an uphill battle. Not only won't the permissions allow it, but once you finally do get it done the System File Protection utility is likely to switch back to the older version.

Things are no longer as simple as they were in Windows 2000/XP. You'll have to do an awful lot of reading to do this without the issues described above. I'd suggest starting with a google for "replacing dll vista" (without the quotes).

My Computer

Ive managed to add the dll's to system32 with cmd but somehow i still get the error message that the dll is missing or unregistered. So i think i need to register the dll's. I will keep trying thanks for the info guys!

My Computer

I have succesfully updated my DLL's and the program is running. I came across a nice tool to take ownership over files in vista. Here's the tool it might help other people or make life easier :) TakeControlb2.zip - Windows Live In order to register the files you will need to log in as administrator.

Thanks again for the help guys!

Last edited:

My Computer

Back