Radeon HD 2600XT trouble

HI!
This is a bit offtopic but galitz, u said u had 4gb 800mhz memory on m2r-fvm? I was wondering that manual says it only supports 2gb 677mhz memory so are u sure your computer was using all the memory you've installed? If so, im going to update my memory! :D

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    amd athlon 6000+
    Motherboard
    asus m2r-fvm
    Memory
    2gb 533mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    palit 8800gt
It was using all the memory (after upgrading to 64bit, I am certain), but the system was unstable using that configuration. I ended up having to purchase a new motherboard.

-geoff

My Computer

Hi folks.

I have just installed Vista x64 with a Radeon HD 2600 XT graphics card, and I am experiencing graphics corruption in, particularly in 3d apps.

I sometimes get white horizontal lines across the screen and sometimes white blocks. In some 3d apps portions of the environment flicker out... they seem to disappear and I can see what is behind whatever object has disappeared momentarily.

Using Catalyst I can see that the graphics card never breaks 40% GPU utilization and the temperature never exceeds 40 degrees C.

I also had a very low end Nvidia 7500LE using the generic windows driver which also had the white lines, but I never tested the 3d apps with it.

Currently, if using the 8.2 ATI drivers, all seems well until I launch a 3d app. I have a 500 watt power supply.

Any ideas? If other folks are using a 2600XT, can you tell me what driver version works for you?

-geoff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have the same troubs aswell but after an firmware update to my bios (in my case mobo= Asus M2A-VM) it dissapeared ;)

My Computer

Back