Random BSOD **Please Help**

Yeah, almost all the hardware(CPU, RAM, MB) is still under warranty less then 60+ days old and the video card while about a year old was working in fine in my old system.

I have tested the ram and I also replaced both sticks with other ram that I bought from a local store and it still gave me the same BSOD issues, so I don't think it's the ram.

That only leaves the CPU and MB.

I will try and updating the Drivers JCGriff mentioned and see how that goes if all fails I will RMA the board first since I think that is the most likely culprit, I would just like to confirm it before hand.

If it's under warranty, I'd personally take it back yesterday.

There's no reason for you to risk troubleshooting hardware MCE events yourself in the hope of maybe finding the answer, and then maybe being able to fix it. What if it kinda looks like it's not happening for a while, leading you to conclude you somehow fixed it, only to resurface the day after your warranty or RMA period expires?

A new machine should NEVER be logging MCEs.

My Computer

[If it's under warranty, I'd personally take it back yesterday.

There's no reason for you to risk troubleshooting hardware MCE events yourself in the hope of maybe finding the answer, and then maybe being able to fix it. What if it kinda looks like it's not happening for a while, leading you to conclude you somehow fixed it, only to resurface the day after your warranty or RMA period expires?

A new machine should NEVER be logging MCEs.

So then the question becomes what do I RMA all of it or just one piece of it??

I mean I don't care I can RMA all three pieces, but I just want to make sure that would be the most logical thing to do as I will be looking at 3-4 weeks with no PC.

My Computer

That's the unpleasant side of building a machine from scratch - dealing with malfunctioning or DOA components, especially when it's not immediately clear which component needs replacing. Either you go through the rigmarole of arguing for replacements for just about the entire machine, and wait, and wait, and then wait some more, or you start buying even more components for "testing", to the point where you soon have enough for another (unnecessary) PC :(

Personally, I'd be inclined to return the processor and mobo, given the situation where you've already tried other RAM. I must emphasise that I have absolutely no means of being certain that those components really are at fault.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

My Computer

Hi ronin72 -

I just wanted to confirm that no flaming, wars or other took place in this thread. YOU and your system problems are the focus here. I simply came along, read your post, saw the dump attached and thought I would run it to save my good friend H2SO4 some time; hence my post -

http://www.vistax64.com/1045918-post17.html

I wish you Good Luck.

jcgriff2

@ H2SO4 - Hello!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv7-1020us
    CPU
    Intel P7350 Core2 Duo @2GHz
    Memory
    4096mb DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    Sound Card
    IDT
    Hard Drives
    Fujitsu 320gb SATA HDD 5400RPM
    Mouse
    Logitech USB
    Internet Speed
    Intel 5100
Damn. it...this is frustrating...came on here to start a flame war and failed....J/K :P

Thank both of you for all your help I will be RMA both the CPU and the MB this week and I will repost later to let you know how it all went.

My Computer

Back