(7200 rpm) 250 x 2 = 500 GB - raid 0 set on my Laptop
4GB« Dual Channel DDR3 SO-DIMM at 1066MHz – 2 x 2048MB
Dual 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3870 - CrossFireX™

My Power is set to High Performance

What would You advice ?
should i let this setting be as it is
Or call them & tell them to take it off &
make it the way it was

Actually now that I think about it, I will say no it will not speed it up, because windows already manages your swap file and uses as much as it needs.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell vostro 1500
    CPU
    core duo 1.6
    Memory
    4gb + 1gb turbocache
    Graphics Card(s)
    8600m GT 256mb
    Sound Card
    Onboard Sigmatel
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
The Tech Service guy tolled me it will make my Laptop faster
& adds ram to my system :(
I dont mind using 10gb of my hard drive cos i have alot

What would You advice ?
make it the way it was

Actually now that I think about it, I will say no it will not speed it up, because windows already manages your swap file and uses as much as it needs.

Thxs for your help

Am wondering why in the world would the Tech Support at Alienware
Tell me to do this then :(

I have had more help in fourms than with them

Thanks again

Mr Needs & Klaudis

My Computer

Hello im new to this forum. I have the same machine has Phil about the topic and im having a problem of my own regarding the Freeze/Crash issue.

I recently came across this thread while I was trying to fix my own machine because while im playing Counter Strike Source just one of many online games but CSS the most.

After about 10 minutes I continuously started freezing for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and then resumed play so I updated all my video drivers, Packard Bell BIOS update, Dirext X 9.0 and then I decided to reinstall Windows which still didnt work.

I then changed the Raid Configuration hardrive setup thing in BIOS to SATA hardrive and I finally thought yes this might just work and it did for half an hour when I suddenly crashed again but this time it was different.

My whole machine crashed not just freezing and then resuming play after about 1 minute and the keyboard stopped working and everything. I updated everything again and its still doing it but besides freezing now its actually crashing my whole machine so I have to press the power switch to restart it.

I tried turning the graphics down with no luck and with Counter Strike the graphics are more than good enough to run full on that game so there should be no problem but there actually his I need help solving this problem quick style.

Browsing its perfect but once I get ingame it just totally messes up could anybody come up with any suggestions?

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor 2.10 GHz
Memory (Ram): 3:00 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System.
NVIDIA GeForce 8200
Dedicated Video Memory: 256 MB
Windows Vista Home Premium

6 weeks ago I bought it the machine.

My Computer

I have the same problem, all my games i play have random freezes, yet it tends to happen less in CoD4. I have the same stuff as danny boy except i have a quad core AMD 9950 Quad Core. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My Computer

Hey guys,

I may know the culprit in this matter. I have had this same problem. Built a PC from scratch and kept freezing during gaming requiring a hard reset. Well, Check you motherboard. Does your CPU power cable have 4 prongs or 8 prongs?

I have been told that AMD Duel Cores need the 4 prong power cable but the Quad Cores need the 8 prong cable. Now you can start up your PC and run normal operations using the 4 prong but when it comes to gaming or any other "High CPU" power, you need the 8 prong power.

So like my Triple Core, it worked fine until i went to play games, then it would freeze randomly. Now that I've upgrade the motherboard and power supply, it solved the problem.

Let me know what you have in your system. Peace

-Steve

My Computer

Hey,
I too have the same system,

In all instances it is your graphics card, ive done extensive research as I play css and lotr online, so these freezes became tiresome.
It would still work out cheeper than most gaming computers to buy a Nvidia 9000 series card, and put that in.

It should sort out your problems, if not, you can always take it back.

Hope this helped, made an account just for it! lol

My Computer

did that fix your problem? have the same model and system specs as you and an identical problem would really appreciate any help you could give

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    packard bell imedia2326aio
    Memory
    3g ram
Dear everyone,

Ive been running the following system (Intel C2D E6600/Asus P5N32-e SLI Plus/Asus 8800GTX/4GB RAM DDR II) for two years now without any trouble at all, until today... Today I suddenly have the problem described above; completely random freezes, wether I am doing anything or idling, whether I am not even logged into my user account, or after 30 minutes of functioning. The only option that gives any reaction at all is a hard reset. I am extremely thankfull that I still have my laptop to post cries for help online; for this is completely unexpected and renders my computer practically unusable. Does anyone know any other solution not mentioned in this topic up to this point?

Thanks etc,
Narameh

My Computer

ive been having this for a while, but sometimes i just randomly get a BSOD when im not doing anything...
and i ended up with a "temporary desktop" problem
my computer has been having a lot of bugs and stuff since i've upgraded hardware and bunch of new drivers
thats why im going to reformat soon

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo e4500 OC
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    Corsair 2x1gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX 9800gtx+
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 19"
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 1024
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 320gb
    PSU
    Rosewill 500w
    Case
    Rosewill TU-155 Mid Tower
    Cooling
    3 80mm fans & side vent
    Keyboard
    Logitech
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Other Info
    my comp isn't that good
Does anybody know about this ?

How to Max out ram
Start
Control panel
System
In Left Side bar LIST last is:
Advance System Settings
It will open in ADVANCE tab:
open Settings - (under PERFORMANCE heading)
Click on ADVANCE tab again
under VIRTUAL MEMMORY
Click Cutom (when window opens)
& make BOTH - 10,000
Intial Size - 10,000
Max Size - 10,000

Is this good to do ?
all your doing is using your hard drive as virtual memory or RAM, if it will do anything, it will slow your computer down as your hard drive might not be upto the job and you will also lose 10GB of hard drive space.

The Tech Service guy tolled me it will make my Laptop faster
& adds ram to my system :(
I dont mind using 10gb of my hard drive cos i have alot

What would You advice ?
make it the way it was

God Bless You For Your Help

my advice would be to call up the "tech guy" again and ask him how the hell he got that job in the first place! Leave it a "system managed" mate

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 @ 4Gig / Titan Fenir
    Motherboard
    XFX 780i
    Memory
    4GB OCZ PC2-8500C5 DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gainward GTX260/216 SLI
    Sound Card
    Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22"
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    western digital raptor 10000rpm sata
    PSU
    OCZ Modstream 700w
    Cooling
    Titan Fenir
    Keyboard
    Razer Reclusa
    Mouse
    Logitech G5 Gamer
    Internet Speed
    8mb
I did read somewhere that Vista refreshes wireless network connections to try and get a better signal however i was unsure if this was true.

Would this not happen at set times? This morning i had 4 nearly consecutive freezes while sat at the login screen of WoW and then nothing for the next 3 hours.

If it is a wireless problem is there a way to turn it off?
Moving to cable is not an option i have at the moment.

it is true but its for a fraction of a second it is a pain ingame it makes it unplayable (but a wee app called vista antilag sorts it) Vista Anti-Lag Software Informer: Latest version download, news and info about this Codecase.de program.

if the game is freezing with a sound loop it points to a system memory error , what did you test your ram with?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 @ 4Gig / Titan Fenir
    Motherboard
    XFX 780i
    Memory
    4GB OCZ PC2-8500C5 DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gainward GTX260/216 SLI
    Sound Card
    Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22"
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    western digital raptor 10000rpm sata
    PSU
    OCZ Modstream 700w
    Cooling
    Titan Fenir
    Keyboard
    Razer Reclusa
    Mouse
    Logitech G5 Gamer
    Internet Speed
    8mb
If Vista is unable to install due to freeze during/after process or once you have it installed there are random freezes for 20-30-indefinite seconds and/or of course the blue screen of death then your problem might be a hardware controller issue. Read on….

The following issues may occur on Windows Vista* with a supported Intel® RAID controller hub:
• Inability to install Windows Vista (in other words, system halts during installation)
• Performance degradation
• Timeout errors reported by iastor or iastor(v) in Microsoft Event Viewer*

Read This:

Intel® Matrix Storage Manager - Possible issues with Windows Vista* and Intel® RAID

Various desktop Serial ATA devices such as hard drives and CD/DVD drives have been reported that do not comply with the Serial ATA LPM device specification and display erratic behavior when LPM is enabled.
Because the setup change means that LPM is enabled by default for all Windows Vista platforms, using a device that does not completely follow the specification may result in one of the listed issues.
Fixes and workaround include downloading the latest matrix storage devices on intel site.

Get here:
Intel® Matrix Storage Manager Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager

If you’re having trouble installing vista you might need to change the port from 0 and/or 1 to higher ports like 4 or 5. (depending on how many hd you have)
And/or switch to IDE mode in Bios(this method has drawbacks since ide is more limited than sata)
If vista gives the 30 second freezes with a event id: 9 and source: iastor , or event: 508 0r 510 with source: performance in eventview then you need to download latest intel matrix driver specified above.
((you might have to roll back your sata drivers))

If the above problems does not apply to you or all else fails (this is what worked for me)
do the registry fix. See below.
Delete the iastor(v) Parameters registry key by using the following steps:

1. Go to Start -> Search.
2. Type in RegEdit and hit the Enter key.
3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor(v).
4. Right-click on the Parameters key under iaStor(v) and select the Delete option.
You might have to delete both iastor and iastor(V) parameters as noted from some users.
Fixes and workarounds above was retrieved from:
The Flying Nerd » Intel RAID problem under Windows Vista
yea….it was the harddrive drivers conflicting with the operating system basically.
At least it was for me…hopefully this helps.

My Computer

Back