Random Shutting Down

OK. I'd suggest you try that enough times to convince yourself whether booting to safe mode is always OK, 100% of the time.

If so, it would then be interesting to check whether not re-enabling UAC also allows you to boot to normal mode without issue 100% of the time.

It's not an attempt to find a solution, but simply to help us all understand what is happening on your machine.

My Computer

well I have to go to work, but I will try that and see what happens when I get home :)

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
    Motherboard
    I know it's made by MSI that's about it
    Memory
    4gigs RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Sound Card
    *shrugs* RealTek I'd guess
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD I'm fairly certain, one corner says HDMonitor and the other says emachines.
    Screen Resolution
    don't think i ever knew
    PSU
    not even sure what this is
    Case
    it's pretty and i can see through one side...it glows!
    Cooling
    I see 2 fans.
    Keyboard
    Not sure, it's a Dell
    Mouse
    Also a Dell
    Internet Speed
    Cable
    Other Info
    I really don't know where to find any of this information. We bought the computer online from a website that builds gaming computers. I know it's pretty and it lets me play WoW at a normal speed. If I wanna sound like I know something about computers I throw out the words "4gig Quad Core!"
I rebooted my computer into safe mode 5 or 6 times, and aside from being insanely slow everything was fine. Turned on UAC in safe mode and everything was fine.

As soon as I rebooted out of safe mode it gave me the 'Windows will shut down in less than a minute' message again.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4gigs RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    don't think i ever knew
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    I see 2 fans.
    Keyboard
    Not sure, it's a Dell
    Mouse
    Also a Dell
    Internet Speed
    Cable
    Other Info
    I really don't know where to find any of this information. We bought the computer online from a website that builds gaming computers. I know it's pretty and it lets me play WoW at a normal speed. If I wanna sound like I know something about computers I throw out the words "4gig Quad Core!"
And if you leave UAC off, can you reboot into normal mode to your heart's content without the forced shutdown?

My Computer

yep, I've rebooted my computer so many times in the last few days >.< and every time I leave UAC off it starts fine, if I turn it back on the next time I reboot I get the message.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4gigs RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    don't think i ever knew
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    I see 2 fans.
    Keyboard
    Not sure, it's a Dell
    Mouse
    Also a Dell
    Internet Speed
    Cable
    Other Info
I hate to tell you, but it does seem quite likely that your machine has been infected by something.

If you enable UAC again and then use MSCONFIG to choose "diagnostic startup" mode, does the problem still happen? (let it boot by itself, don't go to safe mode this time)

My Computer

It does sound like somethings trying to disable your security software.

You should download http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor-antivirus/ and http://www.eset.co.uk/Products. Install them and run full scans. If a virus shows up you should back up any data you want to keep and do a clean install and not just a repair, heres some reasons why When should I re-format? How should I reinstall? Security - dslreports.com

Basically once you'v got a virus the safest thing for you and everybody else connected to the internet is to do a reformat and reinstall. A repair will only fix any system files that have changed not clean the system of added files etc.

You should also go into windows defender and take a screenshot of the startup programs:

Open "Windows Defender" then click on "Tools" then click on "Software Explorer". Make sure next to "Category" it says "Startup Programs". Then take a screenshot by pressing the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Then open paint and paste it in and save the file. You can then upload it here and we can see if any malicious programes have installed themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

My Computer

moz-screenshot.jpg
progs.jpg

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4gigs RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    don't think i ever knew
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    I see 2 fans.
    Keyboard
    Not sure, it's a Dell
    Mouse
    Also a Dell
    Internet Speed
    Cable
    Other Info
also am working on dl'ing those 2 programs...Quick scan with Spyware Doctor didn't turn up anything, full scan is going tho.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4gigs RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    don't think i ever knew
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    I see 2 fans.
    Keyboard
    Not sure, it's a Dell
    Mouse
    Also a Dell
    Internet Speed
    Cable
    Other Info
OK once those scans are finished. Go into Windows Defender and click on everyone of those and click on "Disable". The only 2 you should leave enabled are:

Microsoft Userinit Logon Application
Microsoft Windows Explorer

Then Reboot and see if the problem still happens.

My Computer

oh wow these scans take forever >.<
I used the registry mechanic that came with one of those and got this.

regscan.jpg

Not sure if any of that means anything or it's just trying to get me to buy the product >.>

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4gigs RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    don't think i ever knew
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    I see 2 fans.
    Keyboard
    Not sure, it's a Dell
    Mouse
    Also a Dell
    Internet Speed
    Cable
    Other Info
Id ignore that and just use the virus and spyware cleaners.

If you download tune up utilities (like i suggested before ;)) Its startup manager is more thorough than windows defender and you can also use its one click maintenance that will fix errors. Its the only one id recommend as i have been using it for two years without any problems and its free for 30 days.

My Computer

As i already told you, Your dcom server service causing this issue. The dcom server service will use rpc(remote procedure call) frequently. Usually the rpc will open and close the tcp dynamic ports randomly. If the rpc cannot get the dynamic ports open this may happen. To rectify this problem, Open up the elevated command prompt, and type

netsh int ipv4 set dynamicport tcp start=50000 num=20000 hit enter.

This will give 20000 dynamic tcpip ports to rpc.

Let me know the result :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro
    Motherboard
    Intel dq35j0
    Memory
    8 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    inter express chipset
    Sound Card