RE: Windows Mail / Vista Home Premium

Capture.jpg

Lets start from square 1.
Do you have this at the top of your live mail when you open the client?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I just used my System Restore and went back. Now that apparently messed up my Malwarebytes program so now I'm waiting to hear from them about what to do about that. E-gads! What a mess. Well, I see my screenshot finally showed up.
Alert.JPG

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell DXP061
    CPU
    1.87 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory
    4 GB
    Sound Card
    High Definition Audio Device
    Monitor(s) Displays
    NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE DELL E207WFP [Monitor] 20"
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    SAMSUNG HD321KJ [Hard drive] (320.07 GB)
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Other Info
    Avast Internet Security 7 / Malwarebytes Pro / WinPatrol Plus / Secunit PSI /
I've used System Restore and went back, but no, the top of my email in Windows Live didn't look anything like that.

I forgot to mention one more problem I ran into today with this Live Mail. I got notification from Windows Update that there was an update for Windows Live Mail. It downloaded but when I tried to install it, it would not install. It just sat at 0% and nothing happened. It shows as Failed in my updates.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell DXP061
    CPU
    Memory
    4 GB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Other Info
Would you please, make a screen shot of what you see when you, first, go into Windows Live Mail?
That notice that you showed me is correct. You are not being notified that you have a new email client. That is one of the features of Win Patrol.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
At this point, I can't show you anything because I used my System Restore and reverted back to BEFORE installing WLM. I am back to Windows Mail right now. But I can tell you that I spent a lot of time in the program trying to find things and figure out what was going on and I didn't have most of what you show on that header you showed me a pic of. There was no send/receive no matter where I clicked or whether I right or left clicked on it.

I know that I'm not being notified of a new mail client. I'm being notified that the program currently associated with that file type was being changed from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail. I kept clicking NO on it because a long time back I had that happen once and clicked yes on it and ended up with a terrible mess. Since I had not yet made WLM my default email program, I felt it was probably prudent to click NO on that window until I knew what was going on. As it turned out I removed WLM.

I actually have it downloaded again, from a different link, but don't know if I have the courage to tackle it again or not. When I downloaded that installer the link said that it was for Windows Live Essentials 2012. I had already read that 2011 could no longer be downloaded for Vista. But when I got that Windows Update -- which FAILED -- it shows as an update for Windows Live Essentials 2011.

So I don't know what is going on with this Windows Live Essentials/Mail.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell DXP061
    CPU
    Memory
    4 GB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Other Info
The best help that I could give you is to be honest. I do not know what the problem is. Usually, it is a simple procedure to download the client.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I want to thank you sincerely for the time you have given me on this. I think I mentioned that I had purchased a couple of computer repair keys some time back through a newsletter I subscribe to. I contacted them and there is a gal who is going to connect with me directly on both of my computers on May 19th and install this for me.

And who knows ...? Maybe she'll end up having trouble on this Vista machine too. It sure seems like it should have been simple enough for me to install this, but it just did not turn out that way.

I wanted to give you the thumb's up, but it won't let me. Guess I must spread it around before adding reputation to your name. Not really fair since you are the one who came to the rescue it doesn't seem right that I can't give you credit. So I'll just have to say thank you very much!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell DXP061
    CPU
    Memory
    4 GB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Other Info
You are very welcome. You do know that I will always try my best, but that is all I can do.
Keep us posted with your results.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays