recovering vista from recovery partition

check once more.. brother.. i know HP site.. i went thru all over.. and they r i think providing drivers only for XP... for vista and windows 7 they are showing something like using Windows Update itself to get the driver.. which i dont think so is possible...

i dont understand the concept why HP the one who is manifacturing the printer cannot give the drivers and applications for the OS and ask from windows update to get it...

i want drivers of windows 7 as right now i just installed windows 7.

if its not available than second priority is Vista.. lets see if i get it.. i will be more happy... lol

My Computer

What happen when you just connect the printer.. does it auto detect.. if so thats fine it should work..
Any forum thoughts on that one??
You can run virtual xp on your windows 7 machine man, and haev all your xp programs running there its an additional feature with windows 7
Follow the link and a look through that
Download Windows XP Mode
You will just be a geek doing so.. hehe

My Computer

autodetect works.. but scanning is not working thts the main thing which i wanted..

regarding virtually running i already tried.. i think my pc is not compatible on virtualisation.. is it something like that? or all computers can run virtual xp??

my model is dell inspiron 1545.
ram 4 gb
2.1 ghz
core 2 duo

My Computer

The Scan Button on the All-in-One Does Not Function When the Product is Connected to Windows Vista - HP Customer Care (New Zealand - English)
The scanner button on the printer won't work with wista and there had been no fix till now by HP or vista

Virtual XP on windows 7
System Requirements for running Virtual Windows XP in Windows 7:
  • Windows 7 Release candidate (RC)
  • Minimum 1 GHz 32-bit / 64-bit processor or CPU required
  • Memory (RAM) – Minimum 1.25 GB required, 2 GB RAM and above is recommended.
  • Recommended 15 GB hard disk space per virtual Windows environment i.e. if you are going to install two virtual machines then you will need 30 GB of storage.
Now download the Virtual PC Beta and Virtual Windows XP mode Beta.

My Computer

Back