Reproduceable BSOD - .dmp analysis help needed please!

Hi -

Be sure to update Marvel Yukon Ethernet and Realtek wifi NIC drivers -

Update Silicon Image Serial ATA Raid driver . . .
SiWinAcc.sys Mon Nov 01 12:21:31 2004 (41868CBB)

This Asus utility driver is especially BSOD-capable
AsIO.sys Wed Dec 21 00:55:21 2005 (43A91879)

PC Log-me-in driver -
vncmirror.sys Fri Mar 14 10:42:46 2008 (47DAB916)

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

EDIT: DID THIS INSTALL COME FROM AN ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE ? If so, re-install again with the Vista DVD itself.

Step by step, this is what I did... I uninstalled VNC and the associated driver. I got a BSOD after doing this... I then uninstalled ASUS DH Remote... I got a BSOD after doing this... I then updated the Marvell drivers - had a few BSODs while doing this, but eventually got it working... My final update will be the Realtek driver...

and yes the Vista install was done from the Vista DVD - not from a backed-up image.

If it matters to anyone following this thread, I found out that the issue was caused by Acronis True Image. I uninstalled it completely and used the Acronis Clean Up tool... seems a few other people are facing BSODs with this installed on their system.

Needless to say, I'll never be using an Acronis product again!

J
ust an update - since uninstalling, I have never seen this BSOD again. Looks like I found the culprit! Thanks for everyone's help!

Hi -

The answer to your question is YES - I do care and am glad to see this update --- THANK YOU !

I saw Acronis BSOD it's way to he** and back in early/mid 2008, but have not seen recent BSODs caused by the product simply running in the background. I have seen BSODs on Vista systems that were "re-installed" via the Acronis image, hence the reason for my question.

Have a good weekend.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv7-1020us
    CPU
    Intel P7350 Core2 Duo @2GHz
    Memory
    4096mb DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)