Solved Sent messages repeating

pezzuti9

Help Running Windows 7 and Windows Live mail.
Certain forwarded email messages that I send out are received numerous times.
People responding back telling me that they are receiving the same email message as high as 18 times. My server worked on this many times with no results also paid Dell support to help. Problem still not solved. Seems like happening only with large .pps files and photos.

Can anyone help me?
Only had this machine 42 days and had the problem since day one.
Thank you
Lou

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio 540 desktop
    CPU
    2.34 Ghz
    Memory
    8 GB RAM
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell
    Hard Drives
    581 GB
Welcome,

This is what I would try. Back up your email (file, import or export). Make a system restore point, uninstall the old windows live mail (programs>Windows Live Essentials).

Then go to The essentials website and download new Windows Live Mail.
Windows Live Essentials

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Rich, I have not done what you said I should try yet but I have tried turning off my Trend pro antivirus software just while send out the same message to 8 of the same people reporting receiving mutable same emails from me. I noticed that when I sent the same email with the virus software on it took 6 minutes to completely get sent. With the virus software turned off the same message took 12 seconds.

So far six of the eight people have written back to me that they received the message only once. Have not received a reply from the others. I am going to give this a longer trial run before I can say that was the problem but it is the first time that I have that many people telling me it came to them only one time. I will turn my antivirus off again when I forward other emails containing either a .pps files or a lot of photos. I will post here if my actions resolve this issue and then start looking for another antivirus program. Many thanks
Lou

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio 540 desktop
    CPU
    2.34 Ghz
    Memory
    8 GB RAM
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell
    Hard Drives
    581 GB
Well, Lou, whatever you decide I hope that it works out. Keep me posted and let me know if you need any help or advice.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Richard,
It is definitely my virus software causing my sent emails to duplicate. I did find another way that I can send my large emails out without turning my antivirus program off.
I went into the virus program to settings and I unchecked the box stating to scan outgoing mail. With this unchecked it acts the same way as temporarily disabling the
Antivirus protection program.

I did order a new version which I read is supposed to work quite well with windows live mail. So my conclusion is that it definitely was my virus software causing certain large emails to be sent out numerous times to different people that I sent it to.

I can't say why this happens but it was a whole lot better than Dell came up with and wanted $135 when they did nothing to correct what was happening. I insisted they refunded my payment.
Lou

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio 540 desktop
    CPU
    2.34 Ghz
    Memory
    8 GB RAM
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell
    Hard Drives
    581 GB
You did the right thing to get the refund and apparently you did the right thing to find the cause of the problem

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays