side by side configuration

Ok, so I too have this problem. I have read alot on this forum and attempted the system restore methods, which in turn make my computer crash and give me what I like to call the "blue screen of death" before it turns itself off. So I then tried to download all the C++ files recommended and install in order etc to no avail and have followed your steps listed. Here is my trace info. Maybe yall can help? I am going crazy!

Attachments

• sxstrace.txt
    323.7 KB · Views: 68

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    DELL INSPIRON 1525
Hello sparksfly and welcome to the forums :party:

If you are experiencing a problem, please could you start a new thread in the relevant section of the forum :)

Tom

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Build #1
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 3770K @4.4GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz Low Profile (White)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 (2GB GDDR5)
    Sound Card
    Integrated on motherboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" LG LCD/LED IPS
    Screen Resolution
    1920*1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung EVO 128GB SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm
    2x500GB Seagate FreeAgent 5400rpm
    PSU
    Corsair TX650W V2 (80+ Bronze)
    Case
    NZXT Phantom 410
    Cooling
    Corsair H100 Water Cooler, 1x140mm and 1x120mm stock fans
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Desktop 2000 Wireless Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Desktop 2000 Wireless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    95 Mb/s Download 70 Mb/s Upload
Niemiro,

I had a side-by-side error and a Google search for answers led me here. I followed the first half of your steps and restarted and (thankfully!) it fixed my error. Thank you for your help!

-Writer Girl

My Computer

Hello Can someone help me please. I get the side by side error and from event viewer it showed:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_none_5090ab56bcba71c2.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest.

I tried deleting one of them but it is file protected even though I'm administrator. I read in properties that trustedinstallers has full control of the file. Also, I don't think I can change permission for the file.

My Computer

Hello Can someone help me please. I get the side by side error and from event viewer it showed:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_none_5090ab56bcba71c2.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest.

I tried deleting one of them but it is file protected even though I'm administrator. I read in properties that trustedinstallers has full control of the file. Also, I don't think I can change permission for the file.

nvm, I fixed it :D
I followed instructions from some other post or whatever which required to delete some folder. I still had the side by side error, but after finding out I still had it in recycle bin and then completely deleted it, the error disappeared.

My Computer

Hi ImStuck and welcome to the forums :party:

That's great news :) Thanks for sharing your solution with us, I'm sure others will appreciate you taking the time to explain it for us.

Tom

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Build #1
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" LG LCD/LED IPS
    Screen Resolution
    1920*1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung EVO 128GB SSD
    PSU
    Case
    NZXT Phantom 410
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed

I followed instructions from some other post or whatever which required to delete some folder. I still had the side by side error, but after finding out I still had it in recycle bin and then completely deleted it, the error disappeared.

Can you be a little more specific? What instructions? What post? Which component did you delete?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    trg
    CPU
    rger
    Motherboard
    rgrg
    Memory
    rgr
    Graphics Card(s)
    gr
    Sound Card
    rgr
    Monitor(s) Displays
    rgr

Can you be a little more specific? What instructions? What post? Which component did you delete?

wow. Didnt think someone would reply to this. Anyway it has been a while and i cant remember much. But i do remember it was something in the appdata i think.

My Computer

This problem is so frustrating, and I may have to knock my computer out. Has been going on for a few weeks now (unable to open messenger). I just need to figure out how to delete that file in the event log. Yesterday I tried to log into safe mode and then my computer wouldn't start up properly.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    trg
    CPU
    rger
    Motherboard
    rgrg
    Memory
    rgr
    Graphics Card(s)
    gr
    Sound Card
    rgr
    Monitor(s) Displays
    rgr
Hi!

Just a question: I had the same Vista Ultimate x64 installed and all worked fine, to be specific im having this problem only with Fear 3 and Crysis 2, not Live or Office, then due to a problem, i had to install another Windows (same settings, just another dvd), and then this problem started.

If i install vista ultimate x64 from another cd/dvd i might not get this error anymore?

My Computer

I would like to thank all of you for posting this problem.
I have Windows Vista Home 32bit and i had the same problem.
After installing the Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and installing the
Updates for Microsoft Visual C++ x86 Redistributable package 2010(x86)
Office 2010 Professional works very well.
Thank you Niemiro.
Best regards

My Computer

Hi!

Just a question: I had the same Vista Ultimate x64 installed and all worked fine, to be specific im having this problem only with Fear 3 and Crysis 2, not Live or Office, then due to a problem, i had to install another Windows (same settings, just another dvd), and then this problem started.

If i install vista ultimate x64 from another cd/dvd i might not get this error anymore?

Make sure you have all the C++ redistributables installed then post back the results :)

I would like to thank all of you for posting this problem.
I have Windows Vista Home 32bit and i had the same problem.
After installing the Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and installing the
Updates for Microsoft Visual C++ x86 Redistributable package 2010(x86)
Office 2010 Professional works very well.
Thank you Niemiro.
Best regards

Niemiro is no longer with us here, but I'm sure he would love to hear your appreciation so I'll pass the message on :) I'm glad you managed to sort your problem.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Build #1
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" LG LCD/LED IPS
    Screen Resolution
    1920*1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung EVO 128GB SSD
    PSU
    Case
    NZXT Phantom 410
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
Yeah i got all installed, anyway im going to install windows 7 ultimate x64. Hope dont get this problem again...

i just bought this computer, and it came already mounted with the windows, and pretty updated, but then had a major error and had to reinstall windows using a friend' dvd... dont think its original though... and this problem started.

ty!

My Computer

Me as well and have followed all the fixes to the letter that are below and have downloaded and installed all relevant Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86 - For 32 Bit Systems).

Nothing...windows live and yahoo Msg do not open ,i only get this same side by side configuration messsage??????????????????????????????????????????

My Computer

Back