Solved SP1 error code 0x800B0100

First - about me...
I've been playing with computers since the early seventies (Philips schools computer - all of 100 bytes of user RAM!- we had to load the OS from a very unreliable cassette tape) - but never really been paid for it, apart from the occasional semi-pro consultancy/techie work.
By training I'm a Polymer Chemist, but got fed up with working for big companies a few years ago, so now I work part-time as an Estimator for a small construction company.
'proper' Computer training amounts to maybe a month over the intervening 40 years - I know most of what I know from breaking things to work out how to fix them :)

Your problems...
The 0x800B0100 error is fairly definitive - it is almost always the result of damaged CAT/MUM combinations, for which the CheckSUR tool was specifically created by MS. the trick is to learn to read the report, and have access to the needed files for the fix.
Often these problems are accompanied by file integrity problems, which SFC is designed to find and attempt to fix - the trick there is to know how to do the file replacements when SFC fails because of lack of the needed backups.

Most computer techies would have taken a quick look at the problem, run the CheckSUR tool (maybe - if they actually had a clue - which most don't) and then given up and clean-installed the OS (probably without bothering to back up your data first).

I'm pleased to be able to say that I've only ever lost 1 client's data because of a software problem - because the machine was so heavily malware-infested that it would take too long to clean the data, let alone the OS!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 8930G
Back