Solved "Trojan, Alureon, Winrscmde"

Hi, EFJ.

Thank you! The log shows a lot of OLD quarantined items in your Windows.old folder, nothing from the current infection. The Windows.old folder is created when you perform a custom installation of Windows. Files that were used in the earlier version of Windows are stored in the Windows.old folder. You can clean up that folder and recover the space on your computer by following the instructions provided by Microsoft at How do I remove the Windows.old folder?.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is extremely important that you follow the next instructions exactly as provided.

• First, please right-click on ComboFix on your Desktop and select "delete".
  • Next, download a fresh copy of ComboFix to your desktop from .

After that has been completed, please do the following to implement cleanup procedures and also to reset System Restore points:

Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /Uninstall

Note: In the event you wish to contribute to the ongoing development of ComboFix, the developer is accepting donations via [URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=combofix%40live%2ecom&item_name=ComboFix&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8"]PayPal

Regards,

Corrine

My Computer

Corrine,
I believe I have followed your instructions and you should find the combofix.txt file attached.
If not let me know.
EJF

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    MSI/MS7390
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000
    Motherboard
    MSI K9N SLI-F
    Memory
    Crucial 2048 MBs