Two recent BSoDs

The airflow inside of a computer case is a complicated issue.
You've gotta make sure you have flow (usually comes in the bottom front and exhausts through the top rear), that you've got roughly equal incoming and outgoing airflow, ensuring that the air has a smooth path without obstructions as it flows through, and that the flowing air cools all of the components that need cooling.

Good luck!

My Computer

Hmmm...I ran the memtest for the first time with my new fan that fits on top of the RAM and the test found no errors, even with my computer lid closed shut. I did the test a second time with the lid closed again and it passed once again. I suppose it was just my RAM that was overheating.

But about the airflow: I really only have air being blown out of the back of my computer and little to no air comming in. I'll get you a picture very soon.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.66GHz
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI FTW
    Memory
    4.00 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1400x900 (Widescreen)
    Hard Drives
    SATA Hard Drive 160GB, 8MB Cache, 300MB/s
Some people believe in "Fans blowing in = fans blowing out" and while that works, it increases your power consumption. I prefer to have enough holes in the case to allow the fans to suck the air in.

The problem then becomes one of directing the airflow so it reaches the components that need it.

My Computer

Back