Unable to download Adobe Flash Player to Vista 64 bit

I am getting so annoyed that I can no longer get Flash Player on my computer. I did have it but have no idea what happened. I just downloaded Adobe Web Premium CS3.3 with Flash Player 9 Pro but that is not doing it either. I removed the Flash Player 10 when I figured I had the Pro version (how silly am I) I had a most difficult time downloading the Adobe Web CS3 also, I had to go to firefox and I dislike Firefox because it is as manipulative as Vista as far a I feel. It doesn't offer it's benifits with a choice it just puts it on and takes over. I would like to have my Flash 10 back in IE-that's all I want. I am not even sure anymore if I have IE Java download anymore because Firefox took over with some plug-in for their version of it. I went into firefox and chose to have all the original addons or active X's or what evers. Is there anywhere I can go to get all the add-ons and Active X for IE and take Firefox right off? Or am I wrong and just used to IE, is Firefox the better? I can't even watch videos on You Tube anymore and on all my jokes and whatever there is a white box with a red X-xing out somethat should be show. I would really appreciate some help, please.

My Computer

Internet Explorer (IE) Vista 64 (Bit Processor) does not allow you to update Adobe Flash Player V.10.
Without Adobe Flash Player V.10 you will not be able to watch video clips from www.youtube.com in full screen mode (and maybe not in the reduced screen mode either.

The solution is to download the Firefox Browser and use this instead of Windows Internet Explorer. The download is simple. Go to www.mozilla.com and follow the instructions.

The computer will need to re-start once the download is complete.

Once the download is complete and the computer has re-started click the Firefox Browser Icon (which will now be on your desktop)

Then in the address bar (using the Firefox Browser just as you would as if you were using Windows Internet Explorer) type in www.Adobe.com and download Adobe Flash Player. (This will be saved in your "Downloads" folder by default)

Now close the Firefox Browser (Adobe V.10 will not install whilst the Firefox Browser remains open)

The Adobe Flash Player download will be saved in the "Downloads" folder which is located when you clip "Start" and then "your user name" which appears in the drop down menu above "Documents, Pictures, Music games etc...)"

Double Clip the Adobe Icon in the "Downloads" folder and Adobe Flash Player V.10 will install.

Good luck. I hope this helps. It took me several hours to resolve this. I'm no computer buff. I just want to help save others from going through what I had to in order to sort this out. Your feedback would be appreciated. Incidentally, Adobe are aware of the problem and it will be resolved for IE7 (64Bit) when Adobe Flash Player V.11 is released. Who wants to wait until then?

My Computer

Internet Explorer (IE) Vista 64 (Bit Processor) does not allow you to update Adobe Flash Player V.10.

The solution is to download the Firefox Browser and use this instead of Windows Internet Explorer.

Hi Burcedavid,

Flash 10 does work with Internet Explorer on Vista X64 ;)

Steven

My Computer

Thankyou Brucedavid, I did have Flash before and it probably was in Firefox. I have been fighting with this for sometime now and I was wanting to stay with IE but it isn't jiving with downloads I need so back to FF. thx again

My Computer

dmex, how were you able to get Flash 10 to work in IE Vista-64? I have tried everything and nada. I am beginning to resent my new HP Pavillon notebook with Vista 64-bit. I have not been liking Vista much as it is but have found ways around some of it's lock-ups, but now this too. gurrrrrrrr

My Computer

dmex, how were you able to get Flash 10 to work in IE Vista-64? I have tried everything and nada. I am beginning to resent my new HP Pavillon notebook with Vista 64-bit. I have not been liking Vista much as it is but have found ways around some of it's lock-ups, but now this too. gurrrrrrrr

No problem at all, just go ahead and download OPERA
and Enjoy....

My Computer

Quite simple really, use the 32 bit version of IE7 that comes with Vista. You know how in the Start menu it lists IE twice, one is the 32 bit version and one is the 64 bit version, and very easy to tell which is which.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Me
    CPU
    Athlon x2 7750 BE
    Motherboard
    Asus M4A78 Pro
    Memory
    2x2gb Kingston
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire HD 4830
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Xtreme Music
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer P221w and Acer 1916w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050 and 1440x900
    Hard Drives
    2x80 GB Seagate 7200.10 in RAID0, 500 GB Seagate 7200.12
    PSU
    Antec Earthwatts 500W
    Case
    Antec Sonata III
    Cooling
    AC Freezer 64 Pro and a couple of 120 mm case fans
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech G5 v2
    Internet Speed
    10000/1000
all 64 bit versions of vista have a 32 bit part also wher u can find find 32 bit applications like internet explorer.
c:\program files x86\internet explorer\ iexplore.exe
dont forget the folder name " program files x86"

there is absolutely no need to install mozilla or opera ar any other bug on vista

My Computer

It aint about installing Mozilla, there are equal number of user for Mozilla and it works better then IE...
Have a bet on that.....???
and if you are smart enough, just click on Pearl(Start) and type: INTERNET and it will show you 2 Internet Explorer icons.

Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer(64 bit)

Why to go in C drive and find the IE, just open IE from there.

Enjoy!@!!!!!

all 64 bit versions of vista have a 32 bit part also wher u can find find 32 bit applications like internet explorer.
c:\program files x86\internet explorer\ iexplore.exe
dont forget the folder name " program files x86"

there is absolutely no need to install mozilla or opera ar any other bug on vista

Last edited by a moderator:

My Computer

Hi everyone, I tried to follow stormy's instructions but still the I'm confused, can someone please try to explain what to do again.

Hi.

In Vista 64 bit, there are 2 Internet Explorers
One is Internet Explorer and other is Internet Explorer 64 bit.
You do not need to use the 64 bit version.

And the way to access normal 32 bit Internet Explorer is:

Click on Start and type: Internet
in start search box and you will see:
Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer 64 bit

The one you need to click on is only Internet Explorer not the 64 bit version.

Enjoy!!!

My Computer

Hello, everyone

I bought a new computer as a Christmas presant to myself - Vista 64-bit. Pretty nice, but I couldn't get it to play anything requiring Flash Player. I Googled the problem, and this forum was one of the top choices. I tried the 8 steps presented in one of the messages, and even though it updated my system to FlashUtil10a, I still couldn't get it to play the little movie clips on CNN.com (for example). I read the whole thread, taking in all the suggested solutions. The consensus seemed to be that I would have to use a 32-bit Internet browser. The easiest choice was to use the 32-bit IE in my computer's Start menu. I tried that and it worked like a charm. I'm so happy!!!

Thanks for all your help. :D

My Computer

well tried everything but trust me till adobe dont get a 64 bit compatible flash player out you just have to better of use Firefox.:zip:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hp DV 6137 TX
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 7400
Hello, everyone

I bought a new computer as a Christmas presant to myself - Vista 64-bit. Pretty nice, but I couldn't get it to play anything requiring Flash Player. I Googled the problem, and this forum was one of the top choices. I tried the 8 steps presented in one of the messages, and even though it updated my system to FlashUtil10a, I still couldn't get it to play the little movie clips on CNN.com (for example). I read the whole thread, taking in all the suggested solutions. The consensus seemed to be that I would have to use a 32-bit Internet browser. The easiest choice was to use the 32-bit IE in my computer's Start menu. I tried that and it worked like a charm. I'm so happy!!!

Thanks for all your help. :D

You are always welcome my friend!!!
Take care and Enojoy!!!

My Computer

For Vista (64 bit):
1. Open Computer.
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\.
3. Scroll down and open the Macromed directory.
4. Open the Flash directory.
5. Right-click FlashUtil9b.
6. Select Run as Administrator.
7. When the UAC prompt appears, select Continue.
8. Follow the Flash Player installation wizard.
Once the wizard completes, Flash Player has been properly installed and will now function properly.

My Computer

Had the same problem and here is the solution.....
go to my computer>windows>sysWOW64>macromed>flash>NPSWF32_Flashutil
Double click on the utility and update the player and this will fix all the issues...
Do not load the reg cleaner or anything else to fix this issue as they are all 32bit resolutions only...

My Computer

Back