unable to open ebay.com

While malwarebytes scan is running I tried to access ebay.com on mozilla and got the following reply:

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at signin.ebay.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

What does this mean?

My Computer

Can you test on your daughters computer?
I dont think that you are being blocked by the firewall. You said that this is a new problem.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Scan completed. I went on my daughters computer and internet works fine, but still can't get ebay.com to open on her computer also. I need to get on ebay because I do business there. Any thoughts?

Need to get some shut eye...got a long work day tomorrow. (my regular work day). How can we continue this?

My Computer

I will work on the new clue about your daughter and post. We do not have to be on at the same time. You post, when you can, and so will I.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
If both computes have the same problem, it may be the router. Reboot it, wait five minutes and turn it back on.
This is not a file cleaner problem

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Okay!! Scan completed..Temporay File Cleaner completed. Still unable to open ebay.com. What is happening?.....Anyway, need to get at least a couple hours of shut eye. Please if you cme up with anything. Let me know. Talk to you later.....

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hi im not running Vista but having the exact same problem on all the laptops in my house!! Were all running windows 7 we have all tried different browsers ( explorer, firefox, chrome and opera) full virus scans malware adware cleared cookies... everything and still no ebay. I have even pinged ebay and it times out. Its like we are being blocked from using ebay. I have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall thinking something there is blocking it but still nothing. Even turned off the router over night but still the same. I have tried connecting to ebay via my phone on wifi and that works fine so the router is now ruled out. If anyone can shed any light on this then it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Bren.

My Computer

Bren
Each case is different, but I think with the previous poster it must be tied into the routher. The poster's computer as well as the daughter is blocked. Cant be the computer so may be the router. But now you say all your computers were blocked and its not the router. I will have to research.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Those .com addreses are for your convenience. Lets try with the actual address that the computer uses, the dns
Copy and paste that into your address bar rather than ebay.com

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
That is an old DNS, click and see if you get to the right page

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Right this IS a problem with my router!!! I didnt realise i was using the ebay app on my phone to connect as when i manually try and connect to ebay on my phone via wifi then it wont connect. I havnt changed anything in my router so any1 any ideas why its now blocking ebay? and i have checked in blocked sites and services and there ticked to never block.... sorry if i have sent you on a wild goose chase.

My Computer

and to the guy with the original problem in this post i have just logged into my router which is a Netgear router and clicked backup settings and in there is a tab saying Revert to factory default settings and then Erase. This has now fixed my problem so i hope it helps you too :)

My Computer

The infor about your daughter shows its not files, cookies, etc. May be the router
Why did my home network stop working?

Thanks for reporting. I have quoted my previous post in the event that this is the same problem for the other poster.

This is the post that solved the problem for the other poster, Brenda, may help you too.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
The infor about your daughter shows its not files, cookies, etc. May be the router
Why did my home network stop working?

Thanks for reporting. I have quoted my previous post in the event that this is the same problem for the other poster.

This is the post that solved the problem for the other poster, Brenda, may help you too.

Its Brendon (Male) lol

LOl Sorry about that Brendon, but at least the problem is solved.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hi im not running Vista but having the exact same problem on all the laptops in my house!! Were all running windows 7 we have all tried different browsers ( explorer, firefox, chrome and opera) full virus scans malware adware cleared cookies... everything and still no ebay. I have even pinged ebay and it times out. Its like we are being blocked from using ebay. I have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall thinking something there is blocking it but still nothing. Even turned off the router over night but still the same. I have tried connecting to ebay via my phone on wifi and that works fine so the router is now ruled out. If anyone can shed any light on this then it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Bren.

Aloha brenandlaura,

Just got in from a longs day of work. Had my daughter check with our local cable company (which is affiliated with Time Warner) and according to the tech she spoke with, they too were unable to open ebay.com. However, somehow they were able to access ebay's message board and according to one of the messages, ebay was doing system maintenance which they said may have an affect on some ebay users although they did not know who was to be affected. Maintenance was to be completed on 11/10. Unfortunately, I don't remember getting a message from ebay indicating that they were going to do a system maintenance. Did you?

Anyway I tried to access ebay.com but was unable. Hopefully this is the case (the maintenance) and all will be back to normal tomorrow (11/10). I hope so because I'm completely frustrated.

Anyone else out there having this problem accessing ebay.com?

My Computer

Back