unable to start or reformat my laptop

yes i already ran everything i was told to run, nothing really worked, so im done with this thx guys

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer
    CPU
    Intel Pentium Duel @ 2.00Ghz
    Memory
    2Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon X1650
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Acer (C:) 228GB
    Data(D:) 227GB
    Internet Speed
    900kbs
well damn, i been searching for this for about 3 days, thought maybe someone had an answer, i have the same problem, was told it had something to do with a driver, controller driver, guessing the hard drive, there is a bios update.

i also get this when i try to install the OS,

"this computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

if i click next i get this,

"Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation."

there is the option to load drivers at this point which i have had no luck finding these.

hope someone found a fix for this,
Thanks
Blaine

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    gateway M-1625
well damn, i been searching for this for about 3 days, thought maybe someone had an answer, i have the same problem, was told it had something to do with a driver, controller driver, guessing the hard drive, there is a bios update.

i also get this when i try to install the OS,

"this computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

if i click next i get this,

"Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation."

there is the option to load drivers at this point which i have had no luck finding these.

hope someone found a fix for this,
Thanks
Blaine
Hello Blaine, and welcome to Vista Forums!

This is a very old thread and normally you would be advised to create a new thread for your issues. However, I assume the links in this thread are still good? So have you downloaded, burned, and booted to any hard drive utility and checked your hard drive for errors? See posts #9, and #10 for the links ...

The answer for Monster528's problem seemed to be a defective "motherboard", which essentially means for a laptop this age that its only usefulness left is for a few parts like the screen and keyboard. For the cost of replacing the motherboard one can get a working used laptop and a newer model.

I suggest first check your hard drive, then try resetting BIOS values to "default", lastly try flashing the BIOS with a newer version. If you need help with any of this, this thread already contains the links to Gateway for the files and utilities, and we are happy to help in any way we are able.

Cheers!
Robert

My Computer

Back