Updates for Vista Ultimate 32 Bit Not Configuring Properly

RonB21

I am running a triple boot system and have just completed installing XP, all updates, and applications. Now I am in the midst of getting Vista Ultimate installed but initally was getting a Code 52 error, when I installed Office 2007 the error disappeared and I was able to update Vista and Office with the exception of these three update which would initally say they were downloaded and installed and then on the reboot configuring after rebooting it would say that these updates were not configured properly and would revert them. I have tried to download them earliest to lastest still same problem occuring. Have deleted all temp files and cookies still nothing.

These are the three update that will not configure correctly.

A software update is available for the Windows Vista installation components
A June 2008 update is available for the Windows Vista Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)
An October 2008 update is available for the Windows Vista Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)

Thanks, for any suggestions or fixes.

My Computer

ron

error 52 for office 2007 is You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. If joining a domain, go to System in Control Panel to change the computer name and try again. If joining a workgroup, choose another workgroup name.

Are you on a home network or business?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron E 1405
    CPU
    [email protected]
    Memory
    4 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    integrated intel 945
    Sound Card
    integrated
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    300 gig internal
    Internet Speed
    10 down 1.5 up
Thanks for you reply, I am not on a network either home or work. No more Code 52 errors, since I upgraded to Office 2007.

The problem that I am having now is those three update with Vista Ultimate. I am not sure if I am going to have to wipe the drive 0's and start over again or if this would fix my problem of updating these three updates which is starting to flustrate me.

To fix this problem, try these steps:
1: Boot from Windows Vista DVD and on the Install Now screen, click Repair Your Computer.
2: Click Command Prompt.
3: Type cd C:\windows\winsxs and then press ENTER.
4: Type ren pending.xml pending.old and then press ENTER.
5: Type regedit and then press ENTER.
6: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Now click on the File menu and then click Load Hive.
7: Locate the following folder:
C:\windows\system32\config\components
When you are prompted for a name, type Offline_Components.
8:In Registry Editor, locate and then delete the following registry subkey:
HLKM\Offline Components\AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving
HKLM\Offline Components\PendingXmlIdentifier
9: Type exit and restart your computer.

My Computer

Uninstall 3p firewall,antivirus,antispyware,make "Clean boot Procedure" How to perform a clean boot procedure to determine whether background programs are interfering with a game or a program that you currently use
and try again install problematic hotfixes.If nothing help run Readiness Tool Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7
If this tool don't help you automatically ,find CheckSur.log file which this program create -it is stored in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS.

Additional find WindowsUpdate.log ->this file is stored in C:\Windows.

Both files WindowsUpdate.log and CheckSur.log pack them and attache to post

My Computer

Thanks for your input, I finally gave up on trying to fix this and a matter with Office 2003 and did a fresh install. As far as I know I have all updates in Vista and Office 2007.

My Computer

Back