US Veterans

And if I may, I'll add a third...

*BTG*

All My Best to All...

Techymike,

The post was a wonderful thing...it gave you a chance to "voice" some heavy concerns, and it helped a lot of us remember how we felt, and open our minds and our hearts to help one another...and for me, personally, to get to know another brother...thanks for that, it is my pleasure to know you...

Always,

(amen)

Michael

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    ME / 0026 (yeah, at LEAST that many systems)
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 Quad Core
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H
    Memory
    OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 SLI-Ready Edition 4GB Dual Channel
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte GV-N210OC-512I NVIDIA GeForce 210 GPU
    Sound Card
    Realtek / Nvidia (built in) Dolby Home Theatre
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell 22" Widescreen LCD / Vizio 47" 1080p LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    Native / 1080P
    Hard Drives
    Not Enough (SAMSUNG F1 RAID CLASS 250GB SERIAL ATA/300 7200RPM 16MB BUFFER HARD DRIVE - HD252HJ) for now
    PSU
    ANTEC EA380
    Case
    ANTEC NSK2480 Desktop case (HTPC)
    Cooling
    3 ANTEC 120 mm TriCool™ 3-speed fans / INTEL stock CPU Fan
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 (cool blue laser!)
    Internet Speed
    VERIZON FIOS 25/25Mbps (Required for HDTV - Darn!)
    Other Info
    HTPC / Main system...build 4/28/2009 - Burning in...So far, wicked fast, especially internet...Hulu on the Vizio while I'm working on the dell...TV never looked so good!
I'll tell a bit of my background. My dad was a prisoner of the Japanese in WW2. They made him, along with many others, a slave laborer because he surrendered. A clear violation of the Bushido Code. He was on Corregidor Island and was later transferred, on one of the hell ships, to the Japanese Home Islands.

The Japanese I have a dislike of are the camp guards and commaders. No one else. I have been told I am in the wrong, by WW2 vets and others. I see no reason to dislike the rest of the Japanese populace.

I volunteered and joind the US Navy. Many of my high school friends volunteered and joined the Army. One-third of them died in Viet Nam. I don't go to high school reunions.

In the North Atlantic Ocean, while I was in the USN, were were having a training exercise. One of the patrol planes in the training went down. All 7 of the people on board were lost. Our ship was sent over to look for survivors. The water temperature was 38 F. It took longer for us to get there than any survivors of the crash could have lived through the cold. We found partial remains of one person. Just one. I asked my parents when I went on leave, after we got back to the US 6 months later, if they had seen anything about this in the news. They had not. It took me months to forget what the spotlight I was operating showed me down there in the water. One of the guys later told me I had that 1,000 Yard Stare right afterwards. To explain, its the look you get when pushed beyond your limits, in extremis.

As for not knowing what is outside the county or state or nation, I live in, it is very easy these days to find out. Newspapers and tv stations carry news they have room for. Even if someone doesn't have internet at home, there is the public library. I use multiple sources for news. I try not to make snap decisions on what is going on. And if someone disagrees with me, I fail to use the political rhetoric, which I feel is very dumb, of 'oh you must be a fill-in-the-blank'.

I really see no reason to fall for certain kinds of political claims.

Say, if a certain politician were claimed to be a Martian (silly example so as to not start a rambunctious discussion). I would check and see if life were possible on Mars. Since it isn't, I wouldn't go exclaiming and jumping on the bandwangon of people exclaiming the Martian needs to be removed from office.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire X1700
    Motherboard
    ASUS
    Memory
    3 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1 gig GeForce 210
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Vizio 21" tv
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 terabyte sata in 1 partition
    Cooling
    fans that came with it
    Keyboard
    basic USB
    Mouse
    basic USB
    Internet Speed
    3 megabits on a cable modem, wired
I thought bought what you said and it makes me recall a number of actions my team was forced to take. Lets say we survived and that is what really counts.What we did in combat is nothing when it comes to coming home and living every day one day at a time. Our ghosts will haunt us forever but they are dead and we are alive, remember that! Take a deep breath and exhale. We came home and that is all that matters! It was hard to explain to others but they will never know what I mean. The stains will forever be with you but you simply have to deal with what is and let what was be gone.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Home made
    CPU
    Intel i7 920 Broomfield-Not overclocked
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte X58-UD4P
    Memory
    12 Gig Corsair Dominator Triple Channel 1600 DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire 3870 X2 - Just the one now
    Sound Card
    Creative Blaster X-FI Titanium Optical to Yamaha Receiver
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Panasonic 50 inch Plasma via HDMI and used as just a Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Sata Seagate 750 Gig 32MB for the Vista 64 bit and second drive is Sata 300 Gig for extra storage.
    PSU
    Cooler Master 1000
    Case
    Antec 900 extra fans
    Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper-N520
    Keyboard
    MX 5000 Logitech
    Mouse
    MX 5000 Logitech
    Internet Speed
    Cable 12MBPS
    Other Info
    LG GGW-H20 Blue Ray writer running with Cyberlink Ultra 9. Home Theater system through Yamaha 7.1 Receiver connected to 11 Def Tech speakers, including powered Def Tech 15 inch sub. What can I say I like movies! Not much of a gamer.
Back