Video Editing Software

I have tried Video Studio 11 on Windows Vista 64-bit and the DV video capture will not work. I also tried (and purchased) DVD MovieFactory 6+ and it would not capture video. However, both products work fine on Windows XP 32-bit. Have you been able to capture video from a DV camcorder on Vista x64?

Yes... since upgrading. I can run capture and burn from VS11.5+ on Vista 64 bit.

There are patches for the purchased version if you are trying out the TBYB.

Perhaps I can help with any specific problems

I capture from a Panasonic NV-GS180- Dv-AVI files

That must be it. I was using the TBYB version (which has since expired). I was actually trying to use DVD MovieFactory 6+ (which I purchased). And the purchased software has problems with the DV capture. The software runs fine on Windows XP 32-bit, but on Vista 64-bit does not. I have submitted multiple e-mails to corel support and finally they admitted that there was an issue with "driver incompatibilities" on Vista 64-bit. After that I have not heard back from them.

I am hesitant to purchase another product from Corel, but if VS will work on Vista 64 I may give it a try when version 12 comes out.

Thanks for your help!

My Computer

You can try free Video editing softwares like these;
Avid Free DV
Free DV is Avid’s free video editing software, It’s a stripped down version of Avid’s professional software, and gives users limited video and audio editing capabilities.

Jump Cut
An online entry, Jump Cut’s free video editing software allows you to cut video, and add audio, photos, effects and titles right on the web.

Virtual Dub
Virtual Dub offers simple editing capabilities. You can’t get too creative with the software, but you can use it to make simple, clean edits in your video footage. Virtual Dub works with PCs only.

Wax
Wax is a bit dated—circa 2004—and the interface looks ancient, but the software comes with a very helpful guide and allows for a lot of creativity.

Zwei-Stein
This free editing software easy to download, with a colorful, sparse interface.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD x64 +4400
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    2G
    Graphics Card(s)
    GT6600
    Hard Drives
    300Gx2
Whoa $110 is a lot. I'll give it a try but i think its outta my price range.

Hey I can tell you that you should stay away from Vegas software for now. It's great but will not run with vista 64. Some vegas software will work with vista 32. I am where you are right now I have Vegas 6 and I can't use it on my new hp notbook which has vista 64.
I am looking forward to whenever they build a compatable version. Hope this helps some one. You can go to your computer maker and get a down grade to vista32 but that would suck. It also brakes any warranty.

My Computer

I have tried Video Studio 11 on Windows Vista 64-bit and the DV video capture will not work. I also tried (and purchased) DVD MovieFactory 6+ and it would not capture video. However, both products work fine on Windows XP 32-bit. Have you been able to capture video from a DV camcorder on Vista x64?

Yes... since upgrading. I can run capture and burn from VS11.5+ on Vista 64 bit.

There are patches for the purchased version if you are trying out the TBYB.

Perhaps I can help with any specific problems

I capture from a Panasonic NV-GS180- Dv-AVI files

That must be it. I was using the TBYB version (which has since expired). I was actually trying to use DVD MovieFactory 6+ (which I purchased). And the purchased software has problems with the DV capture. The software runs fine on Windows XP 32-bit, but on Vista 64-bit does not. I have submitted multiple e-mails to corel support and finally they admitted that there was an issue with "driver incompatibilities" on Vista 64-bit. After that I have not heard back from them.

I am hesitant to purchase another product from Corel, but if VS will work on Vista 64 I may give it a try when version 12 comes out.

Thanks for your help!

I have bought Pinnacle studio 12 ultimate and it works great on Vista. Off topic, a freeware video editing option is using Ubuntu Studio. It's a Linux install completly tuned for video editing. I will give the Ubuntu Studio install a try. The freeware part sound good... :)

Regards,

Richard

My Computer

Back