Vista and a Kodak printer.

Hello guys, sorry for the long delay.

A review of this entire thread leads me to believe there is a problem with either the printer or Kodak's software. What's disturbing is we have to different printers that use the same software which yields to same results...no communication with the printer under Vista.

Draclvr is right, it shouldn't be that hard to hook up a printer. At this point in time I have no further suggestions other than to return the printer, or bug the heck out of Kodak for some type of remedy. Draclvr, I know your frustration in being baffled by software/hardware installs. While I've never been beat on the hardware issue, I have lost a battle with a game, so yeah, it's frustrating to know that no matter the efforts you simply can't get the thing installed and have to walk away. Been there, done that :(

At this point I have no further suggestions.

Good luck guys.

Sorry

Edit: Checking Microsoft’s Compatibility Center, I didn't see either printer listed (ESP 5 or the 5500 AIO), so...???

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel D975XBX2
    Memory
    Corsair TWIN2X4096-PC8500 (2x2GHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 (1GHz)
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Titanium - Fatality Pro Series
    Monitor(s) Displays
    hp w2207h (22" widescreen)
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    One 750GB, 2x500GB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives (32meg)
    PSU
    Antec Neo HE 550
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9500 AT
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
    "High" Speed DSL? Is that like low speed FIOS?
    Other Info
    Q6600 B3 Revision OC to 3.0GHz
Sygnus, you input has still been helpful in letting me know that I have done everything I possibly can. Crying "Uncle" is definitely not my style....

My Computer

Well I did some Google research and all I've run accross are mostly posts from you trying to find help; unfortunately, as you've discovered, no one seems to have an answer.

The last resort would be to reinstall Vista, and use the printer software supplied by the "CD" only. But I understand that's not always possible, feasible, or worth it.

Do let me know if a fix was found, and what is was.

Thanks, and good luck.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Intel D975XBX2
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Antec Neo HE 550
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9500 AT
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
I tried looking through the .inf file and I couldn't find a reference to Vista. All the references were to XP even the driver file....strange. I'll keep looking.

My Computer

Already checked it. Its on there with the requirement of an upgrade download. Already did that. They are referring to the firmware update. I had to use a xp laptop to perform the update, then I ran a diagnostic printout to confirm the firmware version.

My Computer

Something I just thought about - If you hook the printer up to the the Vista machine, will it find the drivers? If so, just do that and see if you can print a test page? Don't install the "EasyShare"??? software yet.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Intel D975XBX2
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Antec Neo HE 550
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9500 AT
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
As I stated earlier, I tried that too. I uninstalled and wiped the machine clean of anything Kodak and just plugged the printer in via a USB port and let Vista find the drivers that made it happy. Same identical result. So there is obviously communication between the two machines at that point. Then it's impossible to print a test page because we get the communication error message.

My Computer

somewhere somebody posted a question about a netbrg file running on thier machine after installing the kodak software I cant find it on mine

My Computer

Sygnus21 and fiscokid, I have a resolution for the Dell laptop with Vista and the Kodak printer!

It was Dell and they should be ashamed of themselves as this is a known issue.

The resolution? "Uninstall AMD USB Audio Driver Filter via Control Panel" as per Dell Support on their website.

I'm beside myself with joy for the resolution for my friend, but also beside myself with disgust with Dell. Who the hell would go looking for the AMD USB Audio Driver Filter for a USB printer issue? And if it's a known issue, why not include a small notice with the laptop? Jerks.....

Last edited:

My Computer

Sygnus21 and fiscokid, I have a resolution for the Dell laptop with Vista and the Kodak printer!

It was Dell and they should be ashamed of themselves as this is a known issue.

The resolution? "Uninstall AMD USB Audio Driver Filter via Control Panel" as per Dell Support on their website.

I'm beside myself with joy for the resolution for my friend, but also beside myself with disgust with Dell. Who the hell would go looking for the AMD UST Audio Driver Filter for a USB printer issue? And if it's a known issue, why not include a small notice with the laptop? Jerks.....

Draclvr,

Thanks for letting me know what the solution was and I'm happy you finally got it sorted out. That is a weird issue and fix by Dell.

I will keep this post for one reason...when people say it can't happen...I have this post. It'll also reinforce my stance about checking the manufacture's website for solutions to "strange" problems.

Thanks for the info and good luck

Peace

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Intel D975XBX2
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Antec Neo HE 550
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9500 AT
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
I did a little goggling and to my surprise, there seems to be some conflicts with the ESP series printers using Vista. A lot of unhappy people. Here is just one site I found. There are others sites as well but I found this one more appealing.

Consumer complaints about Kodak

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self built
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ 3.0ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus M4N78 Pro
    Memory
    3Gb PC2-5300 DDR2 @ 667mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX Radeon HD 4770 512mb GDDR5
    Sound Card
    VIA HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual monitors: HP W1907 LCD 19" and Gateway HD Display 19" LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320 x 2-GB Hard Drive
    PSU
    Antec Earthwatts 80 plus 500 watts
    Case
    Ultra E-Torque ATX Mid tower clear side w/2 120mm fans
    Cooling
    Thermaltake MaxOrb cpu cooler w/120 mm blue led
    Keyboard
    OEM HP
    Mouse
    OEM HP
    Internet Speed
    Download 6885 kb/s upload 367 kb/s
    Other Info
    Optical: Super Muliti DVD burner w/lightscribe, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
I know there have been many complaints about the Kodak printers. I was not a bit impressed with this one either. It was noisy and sort of klunky. I would never have one myself.

Excellent idea to keep this one around, Sygnus. I did try the Dell website early on, but obviously did not enter a good search string. After nearly thrashing myself to death on this one, I was really doubting myself.....

Last edited:

My Computer

Well, not that I'm all that great at troubleshooting, but I'm pretty decent at getting drivers installed and this one had me lost too.

It happens; and as I once noted, no one knows everything :)

@ bassfisher6522,

This is why I only use Epson printers - reliability and support. I have two dinosaurs, an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 Photo printer purchased in 2003, and an Epson Stylus Photo R800 printer purchased in 2004 and they both work like new and have Vista x64 bit support. :)

I also have an Epson scanner (Perfection 2400) that I purchased in 2003 and it has Vista x64 bit support as well.

These were their mid to upper end models so they tend to support them longer, and a lot of people are still using the 2200 printer for B&W photo printing work.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Intel D975XBX2
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Antec Neo HE 550
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9500 AT
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
hello I would welcome any assistance with this problem which has driven me to abandoning the issue.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    System Model 32 bit HP G60 Notebook PC PN Q3702a printer kodak ESP 9 AiO hp printer 2550L laser
    CPU
    AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-62, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2
I am really sorry if I am not using the forum correctly, the situation is that I could not get my HP laptop to connect to an HP printer- sought lengthy advice over the issue and failed to resolve it. Have some 3 months later bought a Kodak 3 in one ESP 9 AOI printer scanner and after two days cant connect the HP Laptop to it. I read this link which is probably the most hopeful comments on the situation I have seen. I would welcome any help.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    System Model 32 bit HP G60 Notebook PC PN Q3702a printer kodak ESP 9 AiO hp printer 2550L laser
    CPU
    AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-62, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2
Back