Vista Sp1 installation failure

I tried the 32-bit CD, which was alot faster and found the drive, so I guess its 32-bit. I then clicked repair and it said repair successful and restarted. Sadly nothing got fixed and the problem remains :(

My Computer

He can't use this method because he don't have access to the system
True, forgot that. Maybe useful though for the next guy looking at the thread - LOL.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Q6600
    Memory
    4GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w2207h
    Hard Drives
    2x250GB HDDs
    1x60GB OCZ SSD
    6 external disks 60 to 640GBs
    Other Info
    Also 1xHP desktop, 1xHP laptop, 1xGateway laptop
OMG got some Bad News and Good News...

Bad News:
- Okay so I went back into system restore mode and found a mode called Recovery Mode, which formatted my PC to how it was when I orginally bought it :S :cry:

Good News:
- Looky with a OS Live CD called Ubuntu, I was able to access my C Drive yesterday, get my most important files and I Like the way my Vista looks a bit. :cool:

Well thanks for your help dudes and hope the best for others with the 0x0000008e and goodluck

My Computer

no.. you need to check what service pack you have first.. this is done by "right click on "my computers" the properties.. under general tabb see what its saying under you OS where there is service pack 1 or 2.. if there is service pack 1 written.. you then need to download service pack two.. or if there is no service pack showing then you need to download and install service pack one and then service pack 2..

{Note: if thats is too confusing for you, just leave it.. windows will analyse your system when the pc connects to the internet and will notify you of the updates but this can take a week or so before you are notified for updates.. or earlier depends..}

My Computer

O I have no service pack installed, like I said it refreshed my PC to when I first bought it which was in 2006. It said there are 95 updates available and I downloaded them. The question I want to know is if I should install SP1 like I did before (Through Windows Update) or Download it from the microsoft site and install it??

My Computer

its up to you.. to have an up to date windows now.. download it and install it.. if you want it to install by itself.. just wait for it.. it will eventually install after a while..

My Computer

Don't worry it was successfully installed. For the first time I installed SP1 it took like like a minute, which maybe the reason my PC showed BSOD and errors. Well Thanks for the support mates :D

My Computer

Hello, Today I went on windows update on my Vista and then I saw an update called Sp1. I did not previously have SP1 or 2 so I started updating my PC. After I installed the update, it began to restart my PC. Now when my PC goes to the bootscreen it freezes after 3 seconds and quickly flashes a BSOD and just keeps restarting. I also tried safemode, but when it boots and displays the drivers being loaded it just freezes there and I now I don't know what to do :S? SOMEONE HELP!!!
" I am having an issue after updating SP 1 on Vista 32 Bit Home Premium I need to know what to my PC will not boot and I have an error mesagge as follows:
oxco1aoo1d !! 37202/960268 (\registry\machine\components\deriveddata
any clues on what to do Thanks

My Computer

After doing a restore simply put I reloaded a Vista CD which came from Dell after I lost my OEM diskette which came with my Dell Inspiron 1520. I am concerned that I am missing key drivers as I don't know which ones I need or where to get them .
My initial problem was I was taking a Microsoft update to download SP1.
and I received a black screen ,therefore I please need some help thanks

My Computer

Back