Vista wont load (stuck on black screen)

Alright, thanks for the tip.

Now that I have everything installed, up and running, I'll give this a couple of days and see what turns out. If it looks like it's going to work now, I'll come back and mark as solved. If not, well, thankfully this is the best tech support forum I've ever come across, so I'll know where to turn to ;)

My Computer

Well it's been 2 days, and the computer has been running great.

Except for one problem, just yesterday night I've been getting frequent warning windows, stating that "Windows detected a hard disk problem". So I guess it turns out that my hard drive was indeed at fault, and I'll need to purchase a new one.

I guess this has been solved then, as we've seem to have found the culprit. Thanks again for the help guys!

My Computer

Hello again.

I'm pleased you've found what's causing the problems; to bad though about the HDD.

Later :shock: Ted

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX ATI 1GB 4870 XXX
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD 7-1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1x 47" LCD HDMI & 2x 26" LCD HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080P & 1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    2x 500GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache WD Caviar Black
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX
    Case
    CM Cosmos RC-1000
    Cooling
    Tuniq Tower 120, 2x 140mm and 3x 120mm case fans
    Keyboard
    HP Enhansed Multimedia
    Mouse
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Internet Speed
    18.6Mb/s
    Other Info
    My First Build ;)
If it stops all the error screens, and allows me to finally run a stable Vista, then it's no problem at all :cool:

I've actually been running my computer all day today, only having about 2-3 of those HD error screens this morning only. I haven't seen one in a while. I'm still purchasing a new HD though, not taking the chance.

My Computer

If it stops all the error screens, and allows me to finally run a stable Vista, then it's no problem at all :cool:

I've actually been running my computer all day today, only having about 2-3 of those HD error screens this morning only. I haven't seen one in a while. I'm still purchasing a new HD though, not taking the chance.

I would suggest to get a good after market cable at the same time. I also would replace the cable first to see if problems persist before swapping the drives. Good luck.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850
    Motherboard
    EVGA 122-CK-NF67-A1 680i
    Memory
    4 x OCZ Platinum 1GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB
    Sound Card
    SB X-Fi X Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 23" 5MS
    Screen Resolution
    2048 x 1152
    Hard Drives
    2 x Barracuda 7200.10 320GB RAID 0 / 1 x 500GB Maxtor
    PSU
    Seasonic 600W M12
    Case
    CM Centurion 5
    Cooling
    air
    Internet Speed
    100Mbps
... The downloaded SP1 file is 726.5 MB which wouldn't fit into a 702 MB CD-R and I'm unable to save it onto a DVD-R. When I try to save, it says either the disk is full or it is now a writable CD. Please advice me how to burn it onto a disk. Thanks lot.
First I would notice that you have a total of 820GB of hard drive space; surely you can fit the lesser of the two SP1 packs (mine is 800 something MB)? If space is sparce (ohh, i just made a rhyme) then burn it to a dvd, or better yet, create an SP1 slipstream DVD. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/151606-vista-sp1-slipstream-installation-dvd.html

Why exactly are you unable to burn it?

Thanks Fumz for the suggestion of slipstream installation dvd. I had it done with some effort because the procedure is a bit different from the tutorial. Thanks again.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850
    Motherboard
    EVGA 122-CK-NF67-A1 680i
    Memory
    4 x OCZ Platinum 1GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB
    Sound Card
    SB X-Fi X Audio