Werid Problem with new vista 64bit install

Ok.. So I am about to just break something.. I waited on my RMA board.. the Crucial ram booted fine this time.. Last time it wouldnt even boot with it in the slots.. The bios detected it correctly.. then I opened up vista, it bsod'd so fast I couldnt read the bsod, and just started an endless cycle of bsod'ing.. I put in the other Corsair ram, its still not detecting it correctly in the bios, but hell it booted without a bsod, but its still slow as hell. The only two pieces left to replace are the CPU and the powersupply... Anyone have any ideas?

My Computer

Power supply will probably blow if thats the problem. Is the CPU overclocked?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z46GDU
    CPU
    [email protected] w/6MB L2 cache 1066MHz FSB
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    9300M GS 256MB + Intel Integrated 4500MHD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    13.1" WXGA True Colour Tough
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    320GB SATA 7200RPM
    Internet Speed
    1MB/s
Nope, Cpu is not overclocked.. Ok.. I got it to not bsod by taking it and putting the ram in Channel 0 A B instead of the match the color slots Channel 0 A and Channel 1 A.. So that solved that problem.. but now the system takes awhile to startup, and applications and file copies are slow.. So I am not sure where the heck to take it from here..

My Computer

Nope, Cpu is not overclocked.. Ok.. I got it to not bsod by taking it and putting the ram in Channel 0 A B instead of the match the color slots Channel 0 A and Channel 1 A.. So that solved that problem.. but now the system takes awhile to startup, and applications and file copies are slow.. So I am not sure where the heck to take it from here..

Something is still wrong. As Vista relies on hardware, something is off. Open device manager. Is something listed with an exclamation point? Otherwise buy some more 800MHz memory, such as a single 2GB stick from Kingston. See if that would work. Make sure the voltages in the BIOS are not changed.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z46GDU
    CPU
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    320GB SATA 7200RPM
    Internet Speed
    1MB/s
This is the second set of memory I have gotten. the last was Crucial, and prior to RMA'ing the board the old board wouldnt even post with it in, now this one does.. but only in those two first posts, and it detects them both correctly as the 1333mhz ram and the correct specs as well.. i guess i can go get some more ram from somewhere ...

My Computer

I would first buy a brand new and cheap motherboard with a G31 express chipset. They can be bought for around US$100 or less. Then buy a single 2GB stick of Kingston 800MHz RAM - DDR2. Then attach your old hard drive and gpu.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z46GDU
    CPU
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    320GB SATA 7200RPM
    Internet Speed
    1MB/s
I'd try a new motherboard and RAM. You could also put in a cheap, new 9400GT to rule out the GPU.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z46GDU
    CPU
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    320GB SATA 7200RPM
    Internet Speed
    1MB/s
Hrm.. Frost , I started this with an intel 38BT Motherboard, went to the 45SP im at now, then had to rma that 45sp. I started with a GeFore 9600GT and then switched it out for an ATI 4560 or whatever it was.. I started with Corsair 1GB Chips, then switched to Crucial Ballistic Ram.. Ive almost got parts enough to build two PC's sitting here..

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z46GDU
    CPU
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays