Windows Vista Crash Problems

Belrac gave me one driver update from the dell website for driver downloads. The driver in question was SATA driver, the dell website says it was an NVIDIA application driver update for mediashield. There is another driver update there for Seagate hardware, and my hard drives are Seagate but I didn't grab it because it was cautioning me to back up my files before I begin the process of updating, which made me worry, so I decided to put that off for a little while.

But other than that Belrac didn't tell me the product series of my NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller so I can't get the update for that yet.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core 2 Q9450 (12MB, 2.66GHz, 1333FSB)
    Motherboard
    XPS-6A61MB01c-00
    Memory
    4.0GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    DELL E248WFP
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 500GB Seagate SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM HDDs)
    Case
    Desktop Case
    Cooling
    Copper base Heat Sink with aluminum fins
    Keyboard
    HID keyboard device
    Mouse
    HID-complaint mouse
    Internet Speed
    Rogers High Speed
ok, i just stumbled on this post and i have started having the exact same problem. however, my crashes won't even let me start my computer normally. i have been playing WoW for over a year and this problem just started. my computer is about 4 years old, going on 5. fear of it being a virus, i did an entire system recovery and it worked for a couple days. i also got a new anti-virus program and a program to fix all my fragments. this worked then while playing the game about an hour ago the exact same thing happened. could it be WoW or the computer? i updated my video card about a month ago and everything was fine up until now. thank you for any help.

My Computer

Hey Ryks808, I have tried a lot to figure out what the source of this problem is here with the help of some awesome vista guru's but sadly nothing really worked. I came to the conclusion that I had some old windows drivers that were interfering with the game its self since my crashes only happen while I was playing Starcraft 2. Lately I have been playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it never crashes, and my computer never really crashes on any other game either just Starcraft 2. So if you are experiencing a similar problem it is probably Wow, that is if your case is similar to mine but lets hope its not and that you just have to update a driver or something :D

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core 2 Q9450 (12MB, 2.66GHz, 1333FSB)
    Motherboard
    XPS-6A61MB01c-00
    Memory
    4.0GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    DELL E248WFP
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 500GB Seagate SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM HDDs)
    Case
    Desktop Case
    Cooling
    Copper base Heat Sink with aluminum fins
    Keyboard
    HID keyboard device
    Mouse
    HID-complaint mouse
    Internet Speed
    Rogers High Speed
Back