Vista News

All the latest Windows Vista and Tech news.
Enhancing Microsoft System Center to Drive the Benefits of Windows Vista to Customers Q&A: Microsoft’s ongoing investments in the System Center family, including key enhancements to Systems Management Server 2003, aim to help customers take faster, easier advantage of new operating system capabilities. http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2006/jun06/06-13SystemCenter.mspx Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:00:00 GMT Array
MSN Butterfly to Flutter Its Wings for Charity MSN is sponsoring "Under the Butterfly," a pilot program geared toward helping boys and girls across America while guiding customers to unique content across MSN channels. http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2006/jun06/06-14underthebutterfly.mspx Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:00:00 GMT Array
Microsoft has completed Windows Vista development and expects to ship it by the end of the year. The release would coincide with the retirement of veteran Windows development leader Jim Allchin - but Allchin is willing to put off both events if Windows Vista doesn't reach a standard of quality he approves of, he confirmed on Friday. "Where we sit today, things are going according to plan, and we're feeling very good," Allchin, Microsoft's co-president of the platforms, products and services division said. "But I always like to preface that as I did with Windows 2000, Windows XP: quality is the thing that will dictate if we're ready to go. So if we have any problems in quality, I'll slip this product. It's the thing that is at the...
Windows Vista is assuming its final form. According to Microsoft, the latest beta, Build 5270, is nearly feature-complete, although some of Vista's interface (code-named Aero) isn't yet in place. We took the beta for a spin and found that its focus on security and performance looks promising--yet still in need of much more polish. Security Highs, Lows We expected Vista's firewall to address a major shortcoming in XP's built-in protection by alerting you to outgoing as well as incoming traffic. But the new firewall monitors only incoming connections by default. Microsoft contends that this is sufficient for most users. We continue to recommend that you replace it with a bidirectional product, such as Zone Labs' ZoneAlarm. Vista's...
Back