0x800CCC92 Error in Outlook 2003

HowardP

I recently bought a new Dell system with Vista Home Premium. After I installed Office 2003 from my previous system and ran Outlook, I got the above error message claiming my password could not be authenticated. I can send mail, but I can't receive it.

I have tried everything: I switched to Windows Mail and got the same result. Ditto for Thunderbird and Live Mail. I have also gone to the command prompt as an administrator and fiddled with the "netsh autotuning" command I have seen posted on the Internet. Nothing has worked. Anyone have any ideas/solutions?

My Computer

I'm not a big pro, but it sure sounds like you put in the wrong password, and it's your provider not allowing you and not the computer

My Computer

Thanks for your response, Shmookay,

Since posting I was able to solve the problem, which entailed leaving off the @-and-beyond portion of my username. I hope that's helpful to other people who encounter the same problem.

Again, thanks for your help.
Howard

My Computer

Thanks for your response, Shmookay,

Since posting I was able to solve the problem, which entailed leaving off the @-and-beyond portion of my username. I hope that's helpful to other people who encounter the same problem.

Again, thanks for your help.
Howard

Having suffered this problem for some time now and trawling the web for a (hopefully) Microsoft fix was a waste of time. Running SCANPST did fix errors? (but not this one), Rebuilding PC with factory defaults did not fix. My profile is ACER Aspire 5315 with Vista Home 32bit running Office 2003 with Outlook 2003.
Now please pay attention, HERE IS WHAT FIXED IT FOR ME! It's a variation of Howards solution above BUT THE OPPOSITE!
My Email account contained a username of e.g. 'Username' (and nothing else)
I amended this to [email protected]
Ran the test (ran ok), clicked Finish on the popup.
Clicked Send/Receive and all is rosy in the garden again.
Hope this suggestion floats your boat!

My Computer

Back