2005 Microsoft Visual C++ error 643

rgmcmanus

I was upgrading my avg antivirus from 8.5 to the free 9.0 version. I was able to download and save this file to my desktop, but I could not install it due to Error: MSVC Redistributables installation failed. Installation of AVG can not continue. When I checked avg's forum they say this error is due to the fact that I do not have the 2005 version of the security update to microsoft visual c++. I had this problem before and I thought I fixed it. I do have the 2008 update. When I download this 2005 update it takes about 8 minutes and then the download manager stalls on 99% and then it says it is copying and then when I go to my desktop its not there. Now I can not download anything to my desktop. The manage opens and it acts like it is downloading but its not there. Checking windows update the reason for this 2005 security update failing to download is error 643. I've searched the internet but I can find nothing under this error code or in microsoft search. Can someone please help!​

My Computer

Hi,

Can you go to this webpage: Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2 and download and install the System Update Readiness Tool. Then run the tool and upload these files (in zip format):

C:\Users\<your account>\Desktop\Inf.txt
C:\Windows\logs\cbs\*.*
C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate*.log
C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log
C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log
(if it exists)
C:\Windows\winsxs\pending.* (if it exists)
C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\Datastore\*.*
C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\application.evtx

Can you also open a Command Prompt as an Administrator, and run the following command:

"sfc /scannow"

and if erros are shown, run this command:

"findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

and then upload the sfcdetails.txt to your next post also.

Thanks,

Richard

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.50GHz
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 (512 MBytes)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 x Dell 2007FP and 1 x (old) Sonic flat screen
    Screen Resolution
    1600 x 1200 and 1280 x 1204
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)
    Western Digital: WDC WD6400AAKS-75A7B0

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    Western Digital: Caviar Black, SATA 6GB/S, 64Mb cache, 8ms
    Western Digital: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Advent Optical ADE-WG01 (colour change light up)
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
    ASUS USB 3.0 5Gbps/SATA 6Gbps - PCI-Express Combo Controller Card (U3S6)
No I can download anything from the web and I not don't have an infection and I don't know what 3p software is.
3p security software -3p firewall,antivirus,antispyware >>please uninstall these soft

For mostly cases unable download anything is caused any issue with 3p security,or too much installed these soft i.e two firewals,two antiviruses,two antispyware.The rule -one firewall,one antivirus,one antispyware.Even if you follow these rules sometimes you may have problem with security soft too.Uninstalling them and next reinstalling them usually solve this problem.You can also try reset IE to defaults:http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/114310-internet-explorer-reset.html

Scanning on allive by using installed security software is not fully credible,please note many viruses can hide perfectly before installed security software or sometimes even deactivate them.Using online scanner or tools i.e malwarebytes is more credible but a few viruses can hide before such kind of tool too.Installed security soft is good to prevent infection but not to fight with infection in already infected computer.If the world was as simple as you think that nobody would create unconfortable tools like livecd with antivir.

My Computer

Back