2007 Uninstall Remnants

VFN

I uninstalled the Home and Student 2007 trial and the Compatibility Pack but still have a Microsoft Office folder--located in Program Files (x86)--which contains an Office12 folder. The Office12 folder only contains Saext.dll and Seqchk10.dll--files that are apparently Office 2003 components. I also reviewed the Microsoft page for manually uninstalling Office 2007 and have found that I still have the Normal.dotm and Opa12.dat installation files as well as several registry keys.

Why do I have these remnants and how should I proceed?

Being a new member, I would just like to add that forums like this one are an invaluable resource to many and I thank all those who developed and manage it.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium x64
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 546
    CPU
    Sempron LE-1300
    Memory
    2GB DDR SDRAM 800MHZ-2X1GB DIM M
    Graphics Card(s)
    Integrated ATI Radeon HD3200
    Sound Card
    VIA High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 32" HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    320GB NCQ Serial ATA (7200 RPM) w/ 16MB DataBurst Cache
If you use Revo uninstaller ( Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems ) and select the last (advanced) option, you will be able to select and delete all registry entries and files that the uninstaller left behind. In your case, you may have to first reinstall the office package (reset to a restore point from before you uninstalled it) in order to delete it completely (else Revo will be unable to find it).

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Q6600
    Memory
    4GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w2207h
    Hard Drives
    2x250GB HDDs