Administration Privilege Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill392

Hello,
I'm hoping I can get some help here. Looks like the place. I recently purchased a laptop with Vista:( and the DVD player is set to the wrong region ( region 2 ). When I try and change regions it tells me I must have a DVD region 1 in the player ( wich I do ) and Administration Privileges. I have done some reading about Admisitration Privilege and I am still confused. Any help would be much apreciated. I'm ready to go back to XP at this point.
Thanks

My Computer

Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking. I was assuming I was the admin acc. since there is only one acc. set up. I did turn off my UAC but it didn't help. I did turn it back on. Thanks for the link. I'm off to do some more reading.

My Computer

Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking. I was assuming I was the admin acc. since there is only one acc. set up. I did turn off my UAC but it didn't help. I did turn it back on. Thanks for the link. I'm off to do some more reading.

Hello Hill392,

Region coding is not related to security or UAC in any way at all...

If you need to watch region coded DVDs there are two ways:

You can change the DVD Drive device properties in device manager and change the region but you can only make 4 changes before the last region is locked on your dvd drive forever.

or

Try "DVD X Player" for playing any region encoded DVD without having to change the region coding on your DVD drive.

dmex

My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back