At what point did it format my hard drive?

IsLNdbOi

Ok, so I used DBAN to do the 5-wipe thing on my Raptor. That wiped everything off of the drive. I installed Vista for the first time today. I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit OEM. When I put booted with the Vista CD in the drive, there were two options, the first I don't remember except for "EMS" or "ESM" or something with those three letters in it. The second was to press F8 for advanced options. I pressed F8 and it loaded a GUI. It asked me if I wanted to install Vista so I did. Then I got to a point where it listed all the hard drives on my system and under that list were a couple of buttons to refresh, advanced options, format, etc.. I chose my Raptor from the list, but the format button was still not activated / you couldn't press it. So I clicked on install. It then started copying files, expanding them then installing.

So, at what point did it format my Raptor? The whole installation process took less than 30 minutes. Does this sound right?

My Computer

Ok, so I used DBAN to do the 5-wipe thing on my Raptor. That wiped everything off of the drive. I installed Vista for the first time today. I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit OEM. When I put booted with the Vista CD in the drive, there were two options, the first I don't remember except for "EMS" or "ESM" or something with those three letters in it. The second was to press F8 for advanced options. I pressed F8 and it loaded a GUI. It asked me if I wanted to install Vista so I did. Then I got to a point where it listed all the hard drives on my system and under that list were a couple of buttons to refresh, advanced options, format, etc.. I chose my Raptor from the list, but the format button was still not activated / you couldn't press it. So I clicked on install. It then started copying files, expanding them then installing.

So, at what point did it format my Raptor? The whole installation process took less than 30 minutes. Does this sound right?

I install Vista several times a day every day on new computers, this is perfectly normal. You load the installation, choose "Custom Install," choose the disk and then it gets quick formatted (takes 10 seconds maybe) and starts copying files.

My Computer

Back