Battlefield 2142 Issues in Vista Ult x64

Pretty much anything running in background will slow you down.
Defender is disabled on my computer because I'm running SAV Corporate. (Best AV you can get for the price IMHO)
I also noticed something else -- Drivers provided by microsoft through Windows Update are garbage. For example, after installing new drivers for my SATA controller, I started getting random blue screens with that driver. Exact same behavior with my wireless USB adapter (ZyXell chipset certified by MS to be 100% compatible with Vista, what a joke). After that I just blocked all other driver updates Windows was trying to install. (Videocard, SATA adapter, Sound Card, Wireless Adapter)

Do they do ANY testing before that pump that garbage out???

i no this is an old topic but if its still bein looked at then i thought i'd put my 2bit in. i dont know 1/4 as much as most of these guys but i do hav 64bit vista and played 2142 and found it laggy to. i also play bf2 and the both were fine-ish up untill an update on vista and now lag all over the place. this is not good for me as u can see what my system is bellow (82863DMark) (unclocked on all, soon to be clocked.lol) so it should b a dream...ish.lol. but i found that it was the defender built into vista which was doin it for me so dont jus switch the anti virus's off but vistas bits and bots to? the spywear thing was the biggest problem?:shock:

p.s.For Stats bf2: rushyb

My Computer

I reckon the major reason you are getting lag is because of your onboard sound. Getting a dedicated sound card will improve your games experience and frame rates. Onboard sound is sharing all your resources and is totally rubbish for games. Well my opinion anyways.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Dual Core E7200
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 800 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    GForce 8600GTS 512mb
    Sound Card
    Auzentech XFi Prelude 7.1 on Onkyo605 Rxer