Beta for Next Version of Microsoft Security Essentials Now Available

Today we are announcing the beta for the next version of Microsoft Security Essentials. Microsoft Security Essentials was first released in September 2009 and is our award-winning no-cost light weight anti-malware service. It’s designed to help address the ongoing security needs of PCs running genuine Windows – helping keep people protected from viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

New features in the beta of Microsoft Security Essentials include:

Windows Firewall integration – During setup, Microsoft Security Essentials will now ask if you would like to turn the Windows Firewall on or off.

Enhanced protection for web-based threats – Microsoft Security Essentials now integrates with Internet Explorer to provide protection against web-based threats.

New protection engine – The updated anti-malware engine offers enhanced detection and cleanup capabilities with better performance.

Network inspection system – Protection against network-based exploits is now built in to Microsoft Security Essentials.

To download the beta of Microsoft Security Essentials, click here to visit the Microsoft Connect page to register for the beta. Once completed – you will find the instructions for downloading and installing the beta. We value your feedback – beta participants are encouraged to provide feedback about their experiences with Microsoft Security Essentials through Microsoft Connect. Please note that this is a limited beta available in English (U.S.), Israel, and Brazilian Portuguese (the beta will also be available in China in Simplified Chinese later this year) and is available to genuine Windows users on a first come, first serve basis until the allotted spots for the beta have been reached.

I’ve already commenced with beta testing for Microsoft Security Essentials – I am running it on all my PCs at home!

UPDATE: We are aware that some users are having issues downloading the Microsoft Security Essentials beta after signing into Microsoft Connect and we are working on resolving the issue. In the meantime, you can use the file transfer manager within Microsoft Connect to download the beta files. After logging into the Microsoft Connect site for the Microsoft Security Essentials beta, click ‘Download Microsoft Security Essentials Beta’, select the version of Microsoft Security Essentials beta that is right for you (32 or 64 bit), and then click the Download button (Download selected file(s) using FTM).

aggbug.aspx
More...

Thanks for this one SGT Oddball! ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion Elite
    CPU
    AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard
    Some Amount of Motherness
    Memory
    6.O GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA nVIDIA GeForce GT 240 512MB DDR5
    Sound Card
    Some Amount of Soundness
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Two Monitors: HP w1907 & Acer P191w
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900 & 1440x900
    Hard Drives
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB
    PSU
    Some Amount of Voltageness
    Case
    Hp Pavilion Elite Case
    Cooling
    Some Amount of Coolingness
    Keyboard
    HP: Model Number: KB0911
    Mouse
    HP: M/N:M-SBQ133
    Internet Speed
    Comcast: 20 MB/S
    Other Info
    I have two monitors! I play Call of Duty: Black Ops & Modern Warfare II - Both on PC. Contact me through my website: ChaseKurry.com
Thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer AX1200
    CPU
    AMD 5000+
    Motherboard
    GeForce8200
    Memory
    4GB PC2-5300
    Graphics Card(s)