- How to Enable BitLocker without a Compatible TPM
This will show how to enable Bitlocker without a TPM. This will only work for Windows Vista Business, Enterprise or Ultimate.
How to Enable BitLocker without a Compatible TPM
Note: This will only work for Windows Vista Business, Enterprise or Ultimate.
1. Press Windows-key + R.
2. Type 'gpedit.msc' (without the quotes).
3. Now, navigate to
1. Computer Configuration
2. Administrative Templates
3. Windows Components
4. BitLocker Drive Encryption
5. On the right side, double-click
"Control Panel Setup: Enable advanced startup options".
4. This will give you the following window.
Enable the features as you can see:
5. Press 'OK'.
Now you can follow the BitLocker setup in Control Panel.
Have a nice day!
Last edited by a moderator: