Black screen of death, but all forms of Safe Mode work!

MagnaderAlpha

I just barely started having this problem when I booted up my computer yesterday morning. No log in screen, just a black desktop with missing items and the mouse's arrow cursor on top. Now, the interesting thing is, I've looked this up but I can't pinpoint something similar, as others' BSODs seem to vary. I'm asking for help specifically because I don't want to do something(treat it via a certain way) unless I'm sure of what my problem is. Most I've read have the BSOD, but if you Ctrl+Alt+Delete, you can enter tasks, even surf the internet. Mine doesn't do that. I've tried(task manager DOES pop up, but as soon as I try to start a new task, what ever I do, be it browse folders or open Internet Explorer, nothing is executed).

Aside from that, thinking it might be virus related, I tried to boot up in Safe Mode, and Safe Mode DOES work to some extent. I CAN use the internet(I'm currently doing that), the desktop, while black, has all the right icons, just large in size. Every window I open(be it folder or internet related) is also considerably larger than normal(of course, there's other things I can't do because it's in safe mode). While in Safe Mode, I scanned for any potential viruses, ran CCleaner, and everything appears to be virus free.

Here's a screen of my Safe Mode with Networking:

SafeMode.jpg

I'm more than glad I'm not suffering the same thing that others have been(Safe Mode not working), but it is kinda annoying. I don't think I downloaded anything in particular. I think the last thing was iTunes related(new version or something). Any ideas to what's wrong?

My Computer

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Industry Pro x64
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavillion Elite HPE-250f
    CPU
    Intel i7 860 Quad core 2.8 ghz
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 gb ram
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
    https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-elite-hpe-250f/
  • Operating System
    Windows 2012 R2 Data center/Linux Mint
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    i3 9100 3.6GHz, 8M cache, 4C/4T
    Memory
    8GB 2666MT/s DDR4 ECC UDIMM
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/productdetailstxn/poweredge-t140?~ck=bt
Back