blue screen when unplugging usb mouse

mat

I just got a dell inspiron with windows vista home premium 64bit on it. I'm finding that when i unplug my usb mouse i get a blue screen/memory dump followed by shuting down. I saw some similair threads on the forum when looking for an answer, and the answer i found was to use the 'unplug device' icon in the bottom right corner. But the problem i have with this, is there is no icon there, i click the arrow to see the rest and still not there. Do i need to turn off my laptop everytime before unplugging mouse, or did i miss something? If further information is needed just let me know

My Computer

I just log in to say thanks Sirius123.
This actually helped me. I was going to do a topic about this, but instead of USB plugs, it happened when I played CDs or DVDs.
I actually installed some updates the other night, and thats where the problem started. I uninstalled some of the updates and so far its been working great.
I tested the DVD that will "always" get me the blue screen as soon as it plays and after uninstalling the updates you said in the link, the blue screen has not showed up when I played the DVD.
Hopefully this last.

Thanks a lot.

My Computer

Thank you soo much sirius 123. After searching through forums all day which suggested numerous useless solutions, i finally found your post which fixed the problem instantly!! Legend!

My Computer

Back