Bouncing emails!?!?

DonnaB

Malware Fighter
I have a problem with my email that I can't figure out and hope that someone here can shed some light for me.

Here's the problem:

A few weeks ago I found that a site that I am subscribed to for daily email notifications to play trivia suddenly stopped. Then, a few days later (June 16th) I received a message from Brink that my email notifications here were bouncing back. (I am subscribed to the Funny You Tube Videos thread.) Funny thing is, I did receive a notification from his PM that my emails were bouncing yet I didn't receive any from those who had posted to the Funny You Tube Video thread just 6 days ago even though I did change my email for this site to an alternate email client on the 16th of June and did receive a notification from Brink at the new email address after I had changed it and I did get a notification from my friend here that I sent a message to a few days ago at that new address yet still, non from those who had posted in the Funny Video thread. Weird huh?!?!

Since I was notified about my emails bouncing, I've realized that I am not getting emails from my daughters school newsletters either. If it were just one domain that this was happening to I'd say it was them. What really confuses me is that I get notifications from PM's here but not from threads!! I'm curious to see if I get one from this thread at the new email client.

So, even if you don't know the solution to this issue would someone please just post to say hi or something so I can see if I get a notification that it has been replied to!

The email client in question is Yahoo! :(

Any ideas why this is happening?

Donna :confused:

Last edited:

My Computer

Welcome
There is one cause, that I think is reasonable. Yahoo has updated its spam list. Addys or domains that they suspect of being spam are not being delivered. .\
I know that Yahoo, just a few days ago updated its Web Email page.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hi richc46,

Thanks for responding. No problem getting a notification from your reply.

You're probably right about that. Would that make a difference beings I can get thread/PM notifications and not notifications from the Funny You Tube thread? To be honest, that doesn't make sense to me. And the same is happening with my new client which is Net Zero.

I have other e-mail accts that I'll experiment with.

Thanks! :)

My Computer

I really just know what I told you. Something has changed. If you are using the term client correctly (Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird are clients) you can go to see if the mail is at the website (go to Yahoo and see if the web mail is present). Yahoo is your email provider and you can go to the website or use a client to get the mail.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
You're right! Something has changed. Not sure what though. I don't have Yahoo imported to another client so I guess I am using the term incorrectly.

I have added the message below that was received when notifications had bounced back here. I deleted my e-mail address for security purposes. Guess I better start googling to see what all that means because I do have an acct. with Yahoo!

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Sent: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:02:40 +0000
Subject: Reply to thread 'Funny
YouTube Videos thread'

The following recipient(s) could not be
reached:

(my e-mail address)
Error Type: SMTP

Remote server (98.139.54.60) issued an error.
hMailServer sent: .

Remote server replied: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (my e-mail address) [0] - mta1207.mail.ac4.yahoo.com

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
As posted by richc46:
LOL
Not funny! :sarc: Well sorta not funny! :D I found the following thread at the site where I don't exist though it has a different reason for the error code:
What is this "Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This account has been temporarily suspended."? - Yahoo! Answers

I also found this:

554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account ({recipients'userid}@domain.com). You should not retry the message and remove the email address from your list. The user does not exist.
Here--> My email is being blocked by Yahoo! Mail. What can I do? | Yahoo! Mail Help

I don't exist!?!? Huh? Pinch me please, you'll hear me scream!

Thanks for the link. I'm starting to wonder if my someone did try to hack my acct. I changed the password to it. Not sure that'll do anything to help.

Hm....I wonder if this has anything to do with the tons of infected spam e-mails that I have been bombarded with since mid-March from FedEx, DHL, UPS, IRS Support, blah blah blah! What they don't know is I'm in malware removal training so I know enough to not click on the attachments and I have created a folder titled CDC and send them there so I can access the attachments once I feel confident enough with my newly trained skills to use them to infect my test computer and learn "hands on" how to use the tools I am being taught to use for the removal of.

I don't exist............pfft! :sarc:

My Computer

Why not send them an Email and ask. I have sent Yahoo questions and it does take time, but I usually get an answer.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
That was my next step. I also found a number to customer service in the link above.

Call Yahoo! Customer Service

USA: 1-866-562-7219 --- 1-800-318-0631

Thanks Richard for your help. I truly appreciate the time you put into helping me here. I'll let you know what I find out. :)

Donna

My Computer

Please do Donna,
If you do not get satisfaction from Yahoo post back and we can try again.
If you do, tell us how the problem was solved and you will be helping many others.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I sure will Richard! Just as soon as I can find the phone and place it on the charger for a time........tweenagers!
1.gif

My Computer

Hi Richard,

Just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about this. I did not place a call, though I should. I did send and e-mail yet have only had a response from an automated bot (think that was a bot, seemed so cold and impersonal) when/if I do hear back I will post.

Another issue with yahoo that has put a thorn in my side is I had set Yahoo as my default Windows mail and now when I click File > Send Link the link is not clickable in the body message of the email.

:sarc: :mad:

I have since started to use my ISP as my main email.

Have a nice day!

Donna :)

My Computer

Back