BSoD caused by multiple problems...

wow, that could be a problem. My dad got me that PSU for Christmas. I really hope that it isn't that. Does a faulty PSU mean that it could have permanently damaged my motherboard?

My Computer

wow, that could be a problem. My dad got me that PSU for Christmas. I really hope that it isn't that. Does a faulty PSU mean that it could have permanently damaged my motherboard?
The number one cause for damaged motherboards and/or cpu's is a faulty power supply.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    T7600G Core2Duo 2.66 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Intel 945PM + ICH7 Chipset
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobility Radeon x1900 256MB
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    WUXGA 17"
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    640GB 7200RPM SATA/RAID 0 (2x320GB)
    and 320GB 7200RPM External
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft 3000
    Internet Speed
    10 mbps/2 mbps
    Other Info
    Optical Drive:
    Panasonic UJ-220 DL BD-RE (Blu-Ray)
Is there a hardware diagnostic tool that can effectively diagnose my problem. I have heard there are several ones for the motherboard and the CPU, but I don't know which one is best...

My Computer

yes-
There are four lights on the back of the tower. These are diagnostic lights for the MoBo.

Restart, look at the lights after a few minutes and note the sequence/color from left to right. Usually all green is normal.-i.e., GGGG

You will need to go to MoBo manufacturers site to find the diagnostic light troubleshooter. post the link here and the color sequence.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    T7600G Core2Duo 2.66 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Intel 945PM + ICH7 Chipset
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobility Radeon x1900 256MB
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    WUXGA 17"
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    640GB 7200RPM SATA/RAID 0 (2x320GB)
    and 320GB 7200RPM External
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft 3000
    Internet Speed
    10 mbps/2 mbps
    Other Info
    Optical Drive:
    Panasonic UJ-220 DL BD-RE (Blu-Ray)
the dx48bt2 motherboard does not have any diagnostic lights.

EDIT: I did a diagnostic test with Hot CPU Pro 4. It found no problems with my motherboard or memory.
EDIT: Scratch that. The problem with the RAM is confirmed. I was playing Halo 2 when my computer suddenly died (no blue screen this time). It tried to reboot but I got the 3 beeps from the motherboard, indicating that something was wrong with the RAM. I opened up the case and tried switching the RAM around. No luck. I then tried each stick by itself in the first slot. That did work, I then tried using two identical sticks that I had accidently purchased (remember, I bought 8GB only to find out that my motherboard would only accept 8GB if it was 1333Mhz or under.) That worked fine. This tells me that something is clearly wrong with the RAM. I have decided to take the offer of the RAM manufacturer up and trade my RAM for a very similar model (that hopefully works.) Unfortunately, this means that I will be without a computer of my own for a few weeks (at the most). Right now I am on my sisters crappy Dell from the stone age (It runs Windows 2000!)

Last edited:

My Computer

Back