BSOD Posting instructions question & my problem(s)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I had done the clean startup initially. It's about halfway down in post #1 in this thread. http://www.vistax64.com/1357159-post1.html

Then it hadn't made any difference, when it was BSOD-ing frequently. Then, it was giving crcdisk.sys errors, and creating dump files; now, it's BSOD-ing much less frequently, but giving tcpip.sys messages most of the time, with an occasional win32k.sys BSOD thrown in. But, neither of those are generating either dump or minidump files.

Currently, everything is as it was originally - everything in startup is what it was before any of this started.

I will try to run the system overnight & see if it will BSOD on me, or if those drivers & BIOS update addressed the problem. Sadly, as much babysitting as I've done on this PC, it's gotten to the point I don't really trust it anymore.

My Computer

With BSODs, without those reports, its almost impossible to diagnose. All the drivers that you have given me are Microsoft Drivers and are not the cause. They generally indicate that its another driver. We use Driver Verifier to diagnose the actual driver. Verifier works by giving you a BSOD and then we read the report, which you dont have.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I ran the verifier (don't recall the settings) and it would not ever boot in regular mode.

I'm running the plain install now, and get an occasional blue screen (2 yesterday), neither of which left me a dump in either place. Still don't know why it's not giving a dump file.

My Computer

I am not at home right now. Monday afternoon, I will post the name of software that helps in this particular type of situation. I dont recall the name as of now. Post on Monday to remind me.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I am not at home right now. Monday afternoon, I will post the name of software that helps in this particular type of situation. I dont recall the name as of now. Post on Monday to remind me.

Rich - a reminder, as you requested.

I've gotten more frequent BSOD's over the last couple days too (about 2-3 per day). They're vague - tcpip.sys, netio.sys, etc. None ever leave a dump, and I'm doing a clean boot.

Thanks

My Computer

Thanks for the cooperation
This software has helped many, while others were disappointed and wanted it removed. To be sure you do not have problems, make a system restore before installaiton so that it can be safely and completely removed if required.
Good luck
https://www.soluto.com/

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Steve, Thanks for your PM. Forum rules require that all information about the OP's (your) problem be discussed in public so that all may learn.
Your question concerned Soluto and the potential for security breech.
Soluto, does not share information with anyone. It is software that analyzes boot (where you have problems) and will suggest changes that will be made. Once you install it, you do not even need to be online (unless that is the cause of your problem).
As far as anyone knows the information obtained is completely private. Of course Soluto as well as any other software, can have consequences.
All that I can tell you is that I consider it safe and of the many users none have expressed concern or problems of that nature.
I do wish you luck

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays