• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

c000021a Fatal System Error

Weebl4551

My desktop computer has completely ceased all function. When I try to boot up, it thinks to itself for a minute, and then flashes the blue screen with this error:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000034 0x00100604).
The system has been shut down.

It does this every single time that I start the computer. I get the option to try and repair, but it just takes 10 minutes longer to reach the same exact result.

I'd like to give a little bit of history to explain the situation better:

The desktop (a Dell XPS 410) began acting fishy about 2 weeks ago, when it began randomly crashing, giving me BSOD's with a variety of errors, including PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR. It would always crash within a few hours of rebooting, usually when anti-virus was running, or simply if a lot was going on.

I surfed around for solutions (some here, many in other places), and tried to use the chkdsk /f /r and sfc /scannow programs. Trying to run chkdsk /f /r would nearly finish completing - up until processing the "free clusters" of memory, when it would freeze.

Ever since running the sfc /scannow program, my computer has been in its current predicament. I'm fuming over this, because I've got a lot of files that I'd rather not lose.

Please keep in mind: I cannot get my desktop to boot. PERIOD. Any suggestions as to what could be done will be appreciated. I get the feeling that I'm going to have to send it to a local PC repair shop, or even worse, ship it to Dell.

Thanks in advance.

My Computer

ComputerAge

h@cker
Sounds like a RAM error... I think.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Apple MacBook Pro 13inch
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.26GHz
    Motherboard
    ?
    Memory
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M @256MB Dedicated DDR3 VRAM
    Sound Card
    Intel High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop: 32 bit Color LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    HITACHI HTS545025B9SA02 250GB (Internal)
    IOMEGA PRESTIGE PORTABLE 500GB (External)
    PSU
    N/A
    Case
    N/A
    Cooling
    N/A
    Mouse
    No-Button Aluminum Trackpad w/ Mouse Gestures
    Keyboard
    Black Chiclet-Style Keyboard (Standard US) with Backlight
    Internet Speed
    T1

usasma

Old and cranky
Vista Guru
Try these bootable diagnostics:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)